Named a Class Actions and Mass Torts 'Powerhouse' in BTI's Litigation Outlook 2014 report
- New Jersey
1701 Market St.
Philadelphia, PA 19103-2921
United States of America
Christopher J. Mannion is an associate in the litigation practice and a member of the firm's Class Action Working Group. Mr. Mannion represents clients in a broad range of white collar matters, including government investigations and qui tam litigation arising under the False Claims Act and the Anti-Kickback Statute. He also represents clients in complex civil litigation including cases alleging copyright infringement, fraud, breach of contract, and violations of state unfair trade practices acts.
Mr. Mannion’s recent representations include:
- Representation of a major pharmaceutical company in a federal investigation and subsequent qui tam action alleging off-label promotion;
- Representation of a multinational oil and gas supplier in an indemnity demand;
- Representation of a major pharmaceutical company in an action by a state Attorney General alleging violations of the state unfair trade practices act, and a parallel declaratory judgment proceeding seeking a declaration that the Attorney General’s action is unconstitutional;
- Representation of a textbook manufacturer in a series of cases alleging copyright infringement and fraud;
- Representation of a chain of pharmacies in a class action alleging fraud and violations of the state unfair trade practices act;
- Representation of a major pharmaceutical company in a qui tam action alleging submission of false pricing reports to the government.
Mr. Mannion also has an active pro bono practice, accepting appointments by the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania to represent a plaintiff in his civil rights action, and by the Superior Court of New Jersey to represent a defendant in his parole revocation proceedings. Mr. Mannion also helps to lead the Firm’s participation in the Committee of Seventy’s Election Day Voter Protection Program, which provides support for Pennsylvania voters and election officials in both primary and general elections.
Prior to joining Morgan Lewis, Mr. Mannion served as a law clerk to Judge Thomas N. O'Neill, Jr. of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
Mr. Mannion earned his J.D., magna cum laude, from Villanova University School of Law in 2009, where he served as a managing editor of the Villanova Law Review and was named to the Order of the Coif. He was also a member of Villanova's National Trial Advocacy Team, which won the 2008 Lone Star Classic, a national invitational trial advocacy tournament held in San Antonio, Texas. During law school, Mr. Mannion served internships in the chambers of Judge Thomas Ambro of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit and at the U.S. Sentencing Commission in Washington, D.C.
Prior to attending law school, Mr. Mannion served for one year in the Jesuit Volunteer Corps, where he was stationed at Verbum Dei High School in inner-city Los Angeles. Mr. Mannion earned his B.S. in biology and philosophy from the University of Scranton in 2005.
Mr. Mannion is admitted in Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
- Villanova University School of Law, 2009, J.D., Magna Cum Laude
- University of Scranton, 2005, B.S.