honors + affiliations
Member, American Bar Association, Litigation Section, Insurance Coverage Litigation Committee
- New York
- New Jersey
- New York
101 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10178-0060
Lisa M. Campisi is of counsel in Morgan Lewis's Litigation Practice. Ms. Campisi focuses her practice on insurance coverage litigation, having represented a wide array of Fortune 500 and other corporate policyholders in federal and state courts across the country seeking insurance coverage for a variety of claims including environmental liabilities and product liabilities. She has also represented corporate and individual clients in a variety of commercial litigation matters in both federal and state courts, including business torts, intellectual property, real estate and bankruptcy related matters.
Ms. Campisi has also worked in the litigation departments of Lowenstein Sandler PC, where she also focused on insurance coverage litigation, and a firm in Connecticut where her practice consisted of litigating various general commercial matters for individual and corporate clients.
Ms. Campisi is admitted to practice in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut.
- Lead attorney in prosecuting coverage claims for coverage for separate multi-million dollar settlements on behalf of large international investment bank client under a run-off professional services/management liability policy. Briefed, argued and obtained summary judgment declaring coverage for a $35 million settlement.
- Lead attorney in complex, multi-insurer environmental insurance coverage case pending in state court seeking coverage for environmental liabilities in excess of $50 million on behalf of multinational manufacturer of specialty steel products. Upon seeking summary judgment under specialty pollution legal liability policy, successfully negotiated settlement with insurer on terms favorable to client, and ultimately negotiated and successfully reached settlements on terms favorable to client with all remaining insurers. Briefed, argued and defeated Swedish insurer’s various jurisdictional and forum related motions in trial court and through all levels of appeals.
- Lead attorney on behalf of major multinational manufacturer of heating and air conditioning equipment in a complex, multijurisdictional insurance and indemnity dispute between the client, its former division, and client’s historic general liability insurers relating to coverage for client’s historic asbestos liabilities, indemnity claims asserted by client’s former division for division’s asbestos liabilities, and insurer’s retrospective premium obligation claims. Briefed, argued and defeated insurer’s and former division’s multiple summary judgment motions. Select recent representative insurance counseling/transactional matters include:
- Negotiated the underwriting and placement of rep and warranty policy in connection with client’s strategic acquisition valued at $310 million of entire share capital of a provider of truckload ("TL") carriage and logistics services.
- Negotiated the underwriting and placement of rep and warranty policy in connection with private investment firm’s acquisition of designer and builder of customized material handling systems, storage retrieval systems, and automated conveyance solutions for customers throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico, and the United Kingdom.
- Negotiated the underwriting and placement of buy side rep and warranty policy, and provided insurance diligence counseling and advice relating to adequacy and responsiveness of target’s existing liability insurance in connection with private equity client’s $300 million acquisition of one of the world’s largest manufacturers and distributors of polyurethane spray foam insulation with operations in Canada and the United States.
- Brooklyn Law School, 1991, J.D.
- Barnard College, 1986, B.A.