The American Lawyer Magazine's Litigation Department of the Year – Labor and Employment Law Finalist 2004, Winner 2006, Finalist 2008, Finalist 2010, and Finalist 2012
Listed in the highest tier for National Labor and Employment Practice in Chambers USA 2012
Ranked in the top tier by The Legal 500 for Labor and Employment Litigation, ERISA Litigation, Labor-Management Relations, and Workplace and Employment Counseling (2012)
Ranked, National Tier 1: Employment Law – Management, Labor Law – Management, and Litigation – Labor & Employment by U.S. News and Best Lawyers (2011-2012)
Ranked #1 for "Most Prestigious" Labor and Employment Practice, Vault 2012 Associate Survey
honors + affiliations
Board Member, Williamson Free School of Mechanical Trades
Member, American Bar Association
Member, National Bar Association
Member, Philadelphia Bar Association
Member, Committee on Federal Labor Standards Legislation
Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America
Listed, Employment Litigation, Pennsylvania Super Lawyers (2007–2009)
Distinguished Speaker Award, Litigation Counsel of America (2008 and 2010)
Recipient, 2010 BNA Insights Award for article titled "Independent Contractor Relationships and the Perils of Misclassification: What all Employers Should Know"
Recipient, 2011 Pennsylvania Multicultural Award, National Diversity Council
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third and Ninth Circuits
Larry L. Turner is a partner in Morgan Lewis's Labor and Employment Practice and co-chair of the firm's Diversity Committee. Mr. Turner's practice focuses on employment litigation, including nationwide FLSA collective action cases, single and class action plaintiff cases involving federal and state anti-discrimination, wrongful termination, restrictive covenants, and trade secrets. He has worked extensively with pharmaceutical and medical device companies, as well as the fast food industry and financial institutions. Mr. Turner has tried numerous cases to verdict in state and federal courts involving a variety of employment litigation matters, as well as commercial and catastrophic personal injuries cases. He is a frequent speaker on employment related topics including enforcing non-compete covenants, independent contractor issues, and avoiding risks associated with diversity programs. He also counsels employers on how to avoid litigation.
Mr. Turner was listed as a "Pennsylvania Super Lawyer" - Employment Litigation in 2007, 2008, and 2009.
Representative Case Experience
- Member of national counsel team for a pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturer in multiple purported FLSA collective actions and single plaintiff cases across the country.
- Lead trial counsel in cases involving claims under Title VII as well as actions to enforce non-compete, non-disclosure, and non-solicitation agreements.
- Lead counsel in a purported civil rights claim against a major fast food restaurant chain.
- Secured 90 percent of client's attorney fees and 100 percent of client's costs stemming from enforcement of non-compete dispute resolution.
- Member of client task force to address joint employer and independent contractor issues.
- Won defense verdict after a jury trial in the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey in a wrongful termination and disability discrimination case for pharmaceutical employer.
- Won a defense verdict after a jury trial in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania in a sex discrimination case for financial institution employer.
- Won a defense verdict after a jury trial in Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania Court of Common Pleas and post-trial motions in defamation and breach of contract case for a higher education institution.
- Won summary judgment in the U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware in a religion, national origin, and age discrimination case for a pharmaceutical employer.
- Won summary judgment in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania in an alleged age discrimination case for a pharmaceutical employer.
- Won a motion to dismiss in the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania in an alleged whistleblower case for a pharmaceutical employer.
- Won a stay of proceedings and transfer to AAA International Arbitration (plaintiff eventually withdrew the claim) in the U.S. District Court for the District Court of Utah in an alleged breach of medical device development contract and trade secrets case for a German pharmaceutical manufacturer and its U.S. subsidiary.
Mr. Turner is admitted to practice in Pennsylvania and before the U.S. Supreme Court, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third and Ninth Circuits, as well as all state and federal courts in Pennsylvania.
- Georgetown University Law Center, 1984, J.D.
- University of North Carolina, 1981, B.A.