honors + affiliations
Recipient, International Law Office's Client Choice Award: Russia M&A Lawyer of the Year (2013)
Legend Business Center
Tsvetnoy Bulvar, 2
Moscow 127051 Russian Federation
Roman A. Dashko is a partner in Morgan Lewis's Business and Finance Practice. Mr. Dashko advises clients primarily on mergers and acquisitions and capital markets transactions, and has experience with matters involving real estate and tax. He also has experience acting for issuers, lead managers, and depositaries in international capital markets transactions, including initial public offerings (IPOs). Mr. Dashko has led numerous acquisition due diligence reviews in various sectors, including oil and gas, energy, manufacturing, and real estate.
Prior to joining Morgan Lewis, Mr. Dashko was a partner in the corporate practice of another international law firm, resident in Moscow.
Mr. Dashko earned his law degree, magna cum laude, from Kuban State University in 1998. He is fluent in Russian, German, and English.
Mr. Dashko is eligible to practice in the Russian Federation.
Note: This list includes engagements completed prior to joining Morgan Lewis.
- Advised a Moscow government-owned company on its $740 million minority stake disposition in a company having both upstream and downstream assets (in West Siberia and the Moscow region, respectively). The transaction was structured as a reduction of share capital and distribution.
- Advised a Russian oil company on its joint venture with another large Russian oil and gas company to develop the large Trebs-Titov field complex in the Nenets Autonomous Okrug.
- Advised a leading global retailer in its year-and-a-half-long quest to acquire a large retail chain in Russia. Representation included extensive due diligence of all Russian (and offshore holding) assets of the target company; work was suspended in late 2010 upon rival bidder's successful completion of deal.
- Advised a large Chinese state-owned oil company on the contemplated acquisition of a group of Russian oil companies; led full due diligence of the target group companies and transaction structuring/document work to advanced stage (acquisition not completed for commercial reasons).
- Advised a Swedish petroleum company on complex purchase/sale/venture arrangements involving the oil E&P project in the Russian sector of the Caspian Sea.
- Advised a large U.S. company on strategic joint ventures in the energy and healthcare sectors with two Russian state-owned companies in the energy and healthcare sectors.
- Advised a large German power house in connection with a contemplated joint venture in respect of a Russian generating company, which was not completed.
- Kuban State University, 1998, Law Degree, Magna Cum Laude