Hot Topics in Employee Benefits | What We’re Seeing
date(s):June 27, 2012 12:00 PM
- June 27, 2012 1:30 PM
Please join Morgan Lewis for the first installment of our What We're Seeing webinar series, featuring updates on hot topics or trends you should be following. This webinar will bring together important employee benefits and executive compensation developments.
12:00 pm | Health and welfare
- Supreme Court decision in Affordable Care Act case HHS v. Florida
12:15 pm | Plan sponsor responsibilities
- Ford's recent lump-sum window for retirees
- Benefit restrictions and their effect on plan corrections
12:30 pm | Fiduciary responsibilities
- What to do with service provider fee disclosures
- Getting ready for participant fee disclosures
12:45 pm | Executive compensation
- Year-end deadline for section 409A compliance-payments subject to release
- 2012 income acceleration in anticipation of 2013 "Taxmageddon"
1:00 pm | Independent contractors
- Impact on benefits and payroll taxes
- Methods to reduce financial exposure to IRS audits and worker challenges
1:15 pm | ESOPs
- Tax planning for corporations and business owners in the upcoming year using ESOPs
Wednesday, June 27, 2012
12:00–1:30 pm ET
For more information, contact Olive To at 215.963.5116 or
CLE credit in PA, NY, and NJ is currently pending approval.