Look Before You Leap! Jumpstart our Business Startups (JOBS) Act
date(s):June 27, 2012
Please join us for a discussion of the JOBS Act, with particular emphasis on emerging growth companies. Panelists will discuss key issues for emerging growth companies considering an initial public offering (IPO):
- To what extent should an emerging growth company take advantage of disclosure accommodations under the JOBS Act?
- How will institutional investors react to scaled-down disclosures under the JOBS Act?
- Should an emerging growth company delay the implementation of internal control audits and the adoption of new accounting pronouncements to the extent permitted under the JOBS Act?
- How practical is the use of draft registration statements?
- Will prefiling solicitation of "qualified institutional buyers" and institutional accredited investors help or hurt IPOs?
- What role will analysts perform in emerging growth company IPOs?
In addition, the panelists will address the use of general solicitation in private offerings, the viability of crowdfunding, and new relief from the inadvertent triggering of SEC reporting requirements.
Wednesday, June 27, 2012
8:00 am: registration and breakfast
8:30-10:00 am ET: program
1701 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
For more information, please contact Lindsay Levine at firstname.lastname@example.org
CLE credit in PA is currently pending approval.