Year Office Opened: 1972
Number of Lawyers: 66 Partners | 13 Counsel | 96 Associates
(as of February 2012)
KEY PRACTICE AREAS
- Business & Finance
- Labor & Employment
- Firmwide orientation held off-site
- Flexible work assignment process
- Partner and associate mentors for each summer associate
- Work assignment coordinators for advice and background on assignments and practice
- Work product reviewers to give feedback on written assignments
- Secretary mentors for direction and guidance
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Luncheon seminars and social events with practice groups
- Self-evaluation opportunities
- Mid-summer and end-of-summer evaluations
- Optional Public Interest Community Service (PICS) Program offered to all summer associates (learn more)
PREVIOUS NEW YORK SUMMER PROGRAM EVENTS
- Welcome event at Upstairs at the Kimberly Hotel
- Family event at the Central Park Zoo
- Mentor/mentee cooking event
- Progressive dinner in Little Italy
- Corporate challenge race
- Pre-theater dinner and Broadway show
- Diversity luncheon
- Women's afternoon tea
- Scavenger hunt
- Practice group dinners
- New York Cares community service project
- Bowling night at Bowlmor Lanes
- Farewell event at The Bowery Hotel
WHAT FORMER MORGAN LEWIS SUMMER ASSOCIATES SAY
- "Overall, the program was outstanding, and I have no reservation about recommending Morgan Lewis to others."
- "I had the perfect summer experience. I received substantive and varied work assignments from attorneys who were wonderful to work with. The summer events were extremely enjoyable and diverse. Most importantly, I really gained a sense of the firm culture at Morgan Lewis, and was impressed by the cohesiveness and friendly and professional atmosphere. I would definitely enjoy working as an attorney at Morgan Lewis. Thank you for a wonderful summer!"
- "The work assignment process was excellent in terms of both its flexibility and scope of available work. The manner in which the process was structured enabled summer associates to choose work in their individual areas of interest while leaving open the opportunity to explore new areas."
- "The balance between enjoyable social activities and positive work experience observed in the summer program suggests that Morgan Lewis is a firm that offers an ideal mix of professionalism, challenging work, and friendly culture."
- "The summer let me realize that attorneys at Morgan Lewis are normal, fun, exciting, interesting people and that I could be myself and succeed there."
- "I had a great experience and I would very much enjoy working for Morgan Lewis.
- "My associate advisor was excellent. He made sure that I had an enjoyable experience and was a very helpful resource."
- "The kickoff event really makes Morgan Lewis stand out from other firms and made it easier to hit the ground running on the first day."
- "I think the kickoff is wonderful in that it gave us a united vision of the firm. I would have never appreciated the importance of the California expansion, nor would I have appreciated the magnitude of Morgan Lewis at simply our office. Finally, in terms of meeting people, I loved the fact that I was familiar with the faces of our office before the first actual day of work. I also remember meeting some very nice attorneys from the Miami and Philadelphia offices—it was nice to see the firm's culture shine through."
- "I felt that the assignment process gave me the opportunity to take on projects that I was interested in. The assignment system allowed me the ability to shape my summer, which allowed me to decide what practice group I wanted to work for as an associate."
- "My experience was wonderful. I was able to continue my connection with Morgan Lewis while doing important work in civil liberties. The firm's commitment to PICS was a significant factor in my coming to Morgan Lewis for the summer. . . . It truly sets the firm apart when a potential summer is looking at a bunch of quality firms that all start to look alike."
- "An amazing firm—hard working, great lawyers who also have a sense of humor and are down to earth. Their work is important to them but they also keep things in perspective."
- "My mentors were wonderful. They were open, friendly, and supportive. They helped make working at Morgan Lewis a great experience. I definitely felt this was an integral part of the program."
- "A lot of firms tell you during the interview process that you will get the opportunity to work on real assignments and don't mean it. Morgan Lewis, on the other hand, spoke the truth, as I prepared memos, met clients, and worked alongside partners and mid- to senior-level associates."