Year Office Opened: 2004
Number of Lawyers: 7 Partners | 1 Counsel | 8 Associates
(as of April 2012)
KEY PRACTICE AREAS
- Business & Finance – Outsourcing
- Employee Benefits/ESOP
- Labor & Employment
- Firmwide orientation held off-site
- Professional development and training opportunities
- "Tag along" experiences to court, congressional hearings, and client meetings
- Opportunity to take assignments in all practices; no formal rotation
- In addition to training programs and social events in the Dallas office, summer associates are invited to participate in programs and events in other offices
- Partner and associate mentors for each summer associate
- Mid-summer and end-of-summer evaluations
- "I had the perfect summer experience. I received substantive and varied work assignments from attorneys who were wonderful to work with. The summer events were extremely enjoyable and diverse. Most importantly, I really gained a sense of the firm culture at Morgan Lewis, and was impressed by the cohesiveness and friendly and professional atmosphere. I would definitely enjoy working as an attorney at Morgan Lewis. Thank you for a wonderful summer!"
- "The work assignment process was excellent in terms of both its flexibility and scope of available work. The manner in which the process was structured enabled summer associates to choose work in their individual areas of interest while leaving open the opportunity to explore new areas."
- "The balance between enjoyable social activities and positive work experience observed in the summer program suggests that Morgan Lewis is a firm that offers an ideal mix of professionalism, challenging work, and friendly culture."
- "My mentors were wonderful. They were open, friendly, and supportive. I definitely felt this was an integral part of the program."
- "The kickoff event really makes Morgan Lewis stand out from other firms and made it easier to hit the ground running on the first day."
- "My experience was wonderful. I was able to continue my connection with Morgan Lewis while doing important work in civil liberties. The firm's commitment to PICS was a significant factor in my coming to Morgan Lewis for the summer. . . . It truly sets the firm apart when a potential summer is looking at a bunch of quality firms that all start to look alike."