In 2006, Morgan Lewis attorneys contributed more than 2,500 hours to 17 separate matters for Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts.
These diverse matters include:
- 501(c)(3) non-profit incorporations for museums and theatre companies;
- negotiations between authors and theatrical or film producers;
- lawsuits and negotiations involving lost artwork;
- filing of patent and trademark applications and copyright registrations; and
- copyright and trademark infringement disputes.
Lawyers at the firm also participate in VLA's clinics, where artists and arts organizations have their specific legal questions answered on a limited advice basis. VLA has also sponsored one of our New York summer associates through the PICS program.