Year Office Opened: 2003
Number of Lawyers: 21 Partners | 1 Counsel | 40 Associates
(as of April 2012)
KEY PRACTICE AREAS
- Business & Finance
- Employee Benefits
- Intellectual Property
- Investment Management
- Labor & Employment
- Firmwide orientation held offsite
- Flexible work assignment process
- Partner and associate mentors for each summer associate
- Work assignment coordinators for advice and background on assignments and practice
- Work product reviewers to give feedback on written assignments
- Secretary mentors for direction and guidance
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Luncheon seminars and social events with practice groups
- "Tag along" experiences to court, deposition, and client meetings
- Mid-summer and end-of-summer evaluations
- Optional Public Interest Community Service (PICS) Program offered to all summer associates (learn more)
PREVIOUS CHICAGO OFFICE EVENTS
- Welcome event at Fulton's on the River
- Cubs and White Sox baseball games
- Architectural boat cruise
- Ice cream socials
- Chicago lakefront Segway tour
- Cooking class and wine tasting
- Chicago office community service project
- Arlington race track
- Summer party at partner's home
- Farewell event at Tuscany's
WHAT FORMER MORGAN LEWIS SUMMER ASSOCIATES SAY
- "Overall, the program was outstanding, and I have no reservation about recommending Morgan Lewis to others."
- "The summer let me realize that attorneys at Morgan Lewis are normal, fun, exciting, interesting people and that I could be myself and succeed there."
- "I had a great experience and I would very much enjoy working for Morgan Lewis."
- "My mentors were wonderful. They were open, friendly, and supportive. I definitely felt this was an integral part of the program."
- "The kickoff event really makes Morgan Lewis stand out from other firms and made it easier to hit the ground running on the first day."
- "An amazing firm—hard working, great lawyers who also have a sense of humor and are down to earth. Their work is important to them but they also keep things in perspective."
- "I made both professional relationships and lasting friendships through Morgan Lewis this summer!"
- "The summer program is extremely well planned and run. A great deal of attention and focus is placed on giving summer associates a diverse experience."
- "The firm culture and environment makes it a wonderful place to work, as both a young lawyer starting out, and as you grow throughout your career. Everyone in the office genuinely enjoys working together and people are more than willing to answer your questions and just generally take time to talk to you."
- "I was surprised by how much I actually got to do, and how much responsibility other attorneys were willing to give me."
- "Because of its small size but national reputation, Morgan Lewis offers substantial experiences you will not receive at many other firms. The quality of work is very high, and you will both be expected to perform at a high level and be given the feedback needed to get there. You will love coming in to work every day!"