Year Office Opened: 2007
Number of Lawyers: 20 Partners | 4 Counsel | 42 Associates
(as of April 2012)
KEY PRACTICE AREAS
- Commercial Litigation
- Insurance Recovery
- International/Cross-Borders Transactions
- Intellectual Property: Patent Litigation
- Product Liability/Toxic Tort
- Labor and Employment
- Appeals/Special Issues
- Firmwide orientation held off-site
- Professional development and training opportunities
- "Tag along" experiences to court, congressional hearings, and client meetings
- Opportunity to take assignments in all practices; no formal rotation
- Partner and associate mentors for each summer associate
- Mid-summer and end-of-summer evaluations
- Optional Public Interest Community Service (PICS) Program offered to all summer associates (learn more)
WHAT FORMER MORGAN LEWIS SUMMER ASSOCIATES SAY
- "Overall, the program was outstanding, and I have no reservations about recommending Morgan Lewis to others."
- "The work assignment process was excellent in terms of both its flexibility and scope of available work. The manner in which the process was structured enabled summer associates to choose work in their individual areas of interest while leaving open the opportunity to explore new areas."
- "An amazing firm—hardworking, great lawyers who also have a sense of humor and are down to earth. Their work is important to them but they also keep things in perspective."
- "My mentors were wonderful. They were open, friendly, and supportive. I definitely felt this was an integral part of the program."
- "The balance between enjoyable social activities and positive work experience observed in the summer program suggests that Morgan Lewis is a firm that offers an ideal mix of professionalism, challenging work, and friendly culture."
- The kickoff event really makes Morgan Lewis stand out from other firms and made it easier to hit the ground running on the first day."
- The overall experience at Morgan Lewis was fantastic. I feel like I received a realistic view of what it will be like as a first-year associate while getting an opportunity to enjoy the luxuries of being a summer."