- White Collar Litigation & Government Investigations
- Product Liability & Mass Torts
- Mass Torts
- Life Sciences
- Government & Private Antitrust Litigation & Investigations
- Cartel Investigations & Litigation: Criminal & Civil
- Health Industry Compliance & Government Enforcement
- False Claims Act and Qui Tam Litigation
honors + affiliations
National Co-Chair, Criminal Justice Section White Collar Crime Committee Antitrust Subcommittee, American Bar Association
Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America
Member and Executive Committee Vice-Chair of the Board of Directors of the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Philadelphia & Susquehanna Valley
Past Founding Member, Criminal Justice Section White Collar Crime Committee, Philadelphia Young Lawyers' Division, American Bar Association
Member Philadelphia District Attorney's Office Alumni Association
Member, American Bar Association
Member, Federal Bar Association
Member, Philadelphia Bar Association
Past Member, Temple American Inn of Court
Past Member, Temple Law Alumni Association, Executive Committee
Past Member, American Red Cross, Board of Directors, Philadelphia Chapter
Nathan J. Andrisani is a partner in Morgan Lewis's Litigation Practice. Mr. Andrisani's practice focuses on the criminal defense of individuals and companies in all phases of government investigations and prosecutions.
Mr. Andrisani joined Morgan Lewis in the spring of 1999 after serving as an Assistant District Attorney in the Philadelphia District Attorney's Office from 1995 to 1999. A veteran of hundreds of criminal trials involving a wide range of state crimes, Mr. Andrisani was selected to serve in an elite narcotics enforcement unit focusing on major drug dealers in the West Philadelphia section of the city. In that capacity, he investigated and prosecuted members of some of the city's most notorious drug organizations for crimes including, among others, drug trafficking, armed robbery, and attempted murder.
His prosecution background and knowledge of the criminal justice system allows him to provide both trial representation and valuable guidance to individuals and corporations who are subjects of government investigations, as well as to conduct large-scale internal corporate investigations. During his most recent client representations, Mr. Andrisani
- defended a major pharmaceutical company in a criminal investigation relating to off-label marketing and violations of the anti-kickback statute.
- represented a national healthcare provider in a government investigation involving allegations of False Claims Act violations.
- defended a global technology company in a criminal investigation of alleged violations of the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- represented one of the world's leading airlines in a DOJ criminal antitrust investigation.
- defended the owner of an electrical contracting business charged with federal payroll tax violations and tax evasion.
- defended a major oil company against state homicide charges and federal criminal and civil environmental charges arising out of a refinery accident.
- conducted numerous internal investigations for major pharmaceutical companies to assist them in identifying and, where appropriate, correcting potential issues relating to off-label marketing, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) violations, pricing issues and clinical research trials—and counseling them on navigating the path forward.
Mr. Andrisani counsels clients on a wide variety of federal and state enforcement and corporate compliance-related matters and has provided compliance training seminars for sales and management teams in the healthcare industry, as well as providing antitrust and FCPA training for companies in various industries.
In addition to his work in the criminal and investigative arenas, Mr. Andrisani is a trial lawyer who has traveled throughout the country serving as national punitive damages counsel for a Fortune 200 company and representing it in numerous major product liability personal injury trials. He also has defended individuals and companies against follow-on civil lawsuits arising out of criminal investigations.
In 2003, Mr. Andrisani was named as one of Pennsylvania's "Lawyers on the Fast Track" and since then has repeatedly been recognized as a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer and a Rising Star in the area of White Collar Criminal Defense.
After earning his B.S. from Syracuse University in 1992, Mr. Andrisani received his J.D. from the Temple University School of Law in 1995, where he won numerous awards for excellence in trial advocacy including the 1995 Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association–James J. Manderino Award for Excellence in Trial Advocacy, the 1995 Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association–Murray S. Love Award for Excellence in Trial Advocacy, and the 1995 Victor A. Jaczun Award for Excellence in Trial Advocacy. He was a member of Temple's nationally renowned National Trial Team from 1993 to 1995, which won the 1994 and 1995 National Trial Competition's Northeast Regional Championships, and the 1995 National Trial Competition's National Championship.
Mr. Andrisani is admitted to practice in Pennsylvania. He is not admitted in Delaware.
- Temple University School of Law, 1995, J.D.
- Syracuse University, 1992, B.S.