honors + affiliations
Member, Association of International Petroleum Negotiators (AIPN)
Recommended for Project Finance: Energy, M&A and Private Equity in the Legal 500 Paris (2011–2012)
Olivier Chambord is a partner in Morgan Lewis's Business and Finance Practice. Olivier focuses on international project development, cross-border and domestic mergers and acquisitions, and private equity transactions, with an emphasis on energy petrochemical and commodities industries. He has worked on a diverse mix of upstream, midstream, and downstream oil and gas assets; petrochemicals; soft commodities projects; and mergers and acquisitions throughout Europe and Africa.
Olivier represents oil and gas, mining, and petrochemicals companies and investors on acquisitions of oil blocks; hydrocarbon assets; and upstream, midstream, and downstream assets; as well as their participation in refinery joint ventures. His industry experience also extends to the telecommunications sector, in which he has advised clients on investments and corporate restructurings. Olivier's varied background includes representing a sporting goods company on a strategic acquisition, representing insurance companies on corporate restructurings, and advising venture capital funds on high-tech and biotech investments.
Olivier earned his French Postgraduate Law Degree from Université de Paris II Panthéon-Assas in 1994, his LL.M. from Manchester Law Faculty in 1993, and his French Graduate Law Degree from Université de Paris I Panthéon-Sorbonne in 1992.
Olivier is admitted to practice in Paris only. He is also a Registered European Lawyer.
Note: This list includes engagements completed prior to joining Morgan Lewis.
- Advising an Asian investment fund in connection with its contemplated acquisition of interest in oil blocks in the Republic of Congo and in the Central African Republic.
- Advising a major Chinese oil company in connection with the drafting and negotiation of the documentation for its multibillion-dollar investment in Niger-including the acquisition of upstream hydrocarbon assets, the construction and operation of the first refinery in Niger, the construction and operation of pipelines for transportation and export of crude oil and refined products, and the sale and purchase of crude oil and refined products in Niger.
- Advising a major Chinese oil company on the formation of a joint venture company for the construction and operation of a refinery in Chad, the construction and operation of the refinery in Chad, and the sale and purchase of crude oil and refined products in Chad.
- Advising a major Chinese oil company in its negotiations of a PSA with the government of Chad.
- Advising an independent North American company in connection with various issues relating to its interest in West African oil blocks.
- Advising a European mining company in connection with its interests in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
- Advising an oil company on its contemplated acquisition of interests in an offshore oil block in the Republic of Congo.
- Advising an oil company in relation to the contemplated acquisition of upstream and downstream hydrocarbon assets in West Africa.
- Advising an oil company in connection with its contemplated acquisition of interest in heavy oil blocks in Madagascar.
- Advising an independent UK energy company in connection with its contemplated acquisition of upstream Algerian assets.
- Advising a U.S. independent company on the farm-out of interests in the Ivory Coast.
- Advising a French independent company on the farm-out of interests in Gabon.
- Advising an international oil company on its negotiations of Condensate and LPG sales and purchase agreements in Algeria.
- Advising investment funds in the sale of a hardware/software design system to a major global technology company.
- Advising a multinational petrochemichals company on its acquisition of a French refinery and related assets.
- Advising a multinational petrochemichals company on its acquisition of a steam cracker and related French assets.
- Advising a leading international sporting goods/sportswear company on the acquisition of a French sporting goods/sportswear and ski business.
- Advising a leading media company on the sale of its French media business.
- Advising a leading international insurance company on the preclosing restructuring of its French activities in the context of the listing of a part of its worldwide activities on the NYSE.
- Representing a multinational reinsurance company in the restructuring of its pan-European activities by way of a cross-border merger.
- Representing a U.S. company in its acquisition of a French polymers plant.
- Advising investors on the acquisition of French and German office real estate.
- Representing a French telecom services group in its corporate restructuring.
- Advising French and foreign venture capital funds on various financing rounds of French high-tech and biotech companies.
- Université de Paris II Panthéon-Assas, 1994, French Postgraduate Law Degree
- Manchester Law Faculty, 1993, LL.M.
- Université de Paris I Panthéon-Sorbonne, 1992, French Graduate Law Degree