- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
Christopher Iannicelli is an associate in Morgan Lewis's Litigation Practice. Mr. Iannicelli's practice focuses on a broad range of state and federal complex commercial, class action, product liability, and toxic tort litigation matters. He has represented clients in a number of areas including antitrust class actions, business disputes, consumer fraud class actions, federal whistleblower actions, medical device product liability lawsuits, and patent litigation.
Mr. Iannicelli has experience representing large manufacturing and construction companies in asbestos personal injury and wrongful death cases in New Jersey and other state and federal courts. He has statewide responsibility for defendants in New Jersey asbestos litigation, and also has national coordinating counsel experience.
Mr. Iannicell's recent representative experience includes:
- Defended a large utility and home service contract company in a putative consumer fraud class action in New Jersey state and federal courts.
- Obtained dismissal with prejudice of a wrongful death action against Fortune 500 instrument manufacturer based on New Jersey workers' compensation bar.
- Defended a medical device manufacturer in a product liability and personal injury action involving a pacemaker resulting in dismissal of all claims with prejudice based on federal preemption of state law claims.
- Counseled a large banking institution and coordinated the efforts of its local counsel throughout the nation in connection with a crisis involving thousands of its credit card collection cases.
- Defeated an emergent application for temporary restraining order brought by distributor of Fortune 500 scientific instrument manufacturer seeking an indefinite extension of its distributor agreement resulting in subsequent voluntary dismissal of all claims.
- Obtained dismissal with prejudice of claims brought against Fortune 100 network and communications equipment manufacturer alleging violations of the Federal Wiretap Act, the New Jersey Wiretapping and Electronic Surveillance Control Act, and the New Jersey Consumer Fraud Act.
- Represented a global scientific instrument manufacturer in AAA proceedings involving breach of contract and fraud claims, with claimed damages exceeding $20 million.
- Obtained dismissal with prejudice of product liability and personal injury claims brought against Fortune Global 500 manufacturer related to electronic encoder-receiver transmitters used to remotely transmit data from water, gas and electric meters.
- Represented a chemical manufacturer in a breach of lease dispute with a landlord involving commercial premises.
Mr. Iannicelli also has a robust pro bono practice. He has represented military veterans in actions to obtain U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs benefits. He also worked as part of a team which obtained asylum for a Pakistani Christian facing religious persecution. Mr. Iannicelli is also a member of the Princeton office Pro Bono Committee.
Mr. Iannicelli is a member of the firm's Class Action Working Group and a graduate of the firm's rigorous Trial Academy program.
Prior to joining Morgan Lewis, Mr. Iannicelli was an associate with a nationally-recognized litigation firm where he worked on a variety of complex and high-stakes commercial litigation matters including: the prosecution of Federal False Claims Act cases involving pharmaceutical companies and a pharmacy benefit manager; the defense of antitrust actions involving multinational tobacco and chemical corporations; and litigation concerning the Linux and UNIX operating systems.
Mr. Iannicelli received his J.D. from Seton Hall University Law School in 2003. Prior to law school, he worked as an NASD-licensed equities trader. Mr. Iannicelli received his B.A. in history and political science from Rutgers College in 1996.
Mr. Iannicelli is admitted to practice in New Jersey and before the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey.
- Seton Hall University Law School, 2003, J.D.
- Rutgers College, 1996, B.A.