- Energy Litigation
- Accounting Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Insurance Recovery
- Securities Litigation & Enforcement
- White Collar Litigation & Government Investigations
- Bankruptcy Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Financial Services Litigation
- International Arbitration & Litigation
- Reinsurance/Insurance Industry Litigation
honors + affiliations
Member, Law Society of England and Wales
Member, British Insurance Law Association
- England & Wales (Solicitor)
5-10 St. Paul's Churchyard
London, EC4M 8AL
Phone: +44 (0)20 3201 5503
Fax: +44 (0)20 3201 5001
Audrey Dwyer is an associate in Morgan Lewis's Litigation Practice. Ms. Dwyer has been involved in disputes resolution for 12 years, with an emphasis on insurance/reinsurance matters. She has acted for clients in a variety of matters before the Commercial Court in London, and in various arbitrations and mediations.
Prior to joining Morgan Lewis, Ms. Dwyer was an associate in the disputes resolution practice of an international law firm, resident in London.
Ms Dwyer received her LPC, with distinction, from the University of Westminster, England, in 1999, and her LLB (Hons) (2:1) from Thames Valley University in 1998.
Ms. Dwyer is admitted to practice in England and Wales as a Solicitor.
Note: This list includes engagements completed prior to joining Morgan Lewis.
Ms. Dwyer's significant insurance/reinsurance representations include:
- Representing a reinsurer in complex and high value proceedings in the Commercial Court arising from its reinsurance of refund guarantee risks in the shipbuilding sector.
- Acting for London market reinsurers in Commercial Court proceedings concerning a claims control issue in a construction all risks policy.
- Advising reinsurers in relation to a claim brought under a bankers' blanket bond reinsurance policy.
- Advising reinsurers in relation to a claim brought under an erection all risks reinsurance policy.
- Advising reinsurers in relation to an infidelity and premises loss claim brought under a bankers' blanket bond policy.
- Acting for reinsurers in arbitration proceedings in London involving issues of financial guarantee reinsurance.
- Acting for a reinsurer in arbitration proceedings commenced by the reinsured in respect of claims arising under various contracts of reinsurance.
- Representing a reinsurer in related Commercial Court proceedings to remove an arbitrator pursuant to Section 24(1)(a) of the Arbitration Act 1996.
- Acting for reinsurers in a predominately London market arbitration involving a large part of the market concerning a reinsurance dispute arising out of oil-for-sugar barters.
- Representing reinsurers in arbitration proceedings in London involving issues of financial guarantee re/insurance.
- Acting for clients in Commercial Court proceedings in a dispute arising from a Quota Share reinsurance of a Lloyd's Syndicate.
- Representing a reinsured in two arbitrations in London involving disputes arising from excess of loss reinsurance treaties.
- Advising on English law aspects of a New York arbitration regarding a reinsurer's premium/burning cost protection of a US insurer.
- Acting for a reinsured in Commercial Court proceedings against its Quota Share reinsurer. The case involved the determination of issues of agency law.
- Representing a client in arbitration proceedings in London against its Surplus Treaty reinsurer on an international personal accident account.
- Acting for clients in Commercial Court proceedings regarding claims for brokerage/commission.
Ms. Dwyer has represented her clients in other types of litigation and arbitration, including:
- Representation of a defendant in Commercial Court proceedings in respect of a dispute arising under a share purchase agreement between parties in the telecoms sector.
- Representation of a party in complex multi-jurisdictional freezing injunction proceedings, in the subsequent Commercial Court proceedings, and the ultimate settlement of the dispute.
- Representation of a client in arbitration proceedings held under the UNCITRAL Rules in a dispute arising from a shareholder and put/call agreement, and related loan agreement.
- Representation of a party in LCIA proceedings involving a claim brought under a tax deed of indemnity in connection with the acquisition of an oil company.
- Representation of a claimant in LCIA arbitration proceedings in respect of a dispute arising from breach of post-closing covenants in a share sale and purchase agreement, and in successfully defending subsequent proceedings involving challenges made pursuant to both the LCIA Rules, and the Arbitration Act 1996.
- University of Westminster, England, 1999, LPC, With Distinction
- Thames Valley University, 1998, LLB (Hons)