- England & Wales (Solicitor)
5-10 St. Paul's Churchyard
London, EC4M 8AL
Phone: +44 (0)20 3201 5551
Fax: +44 (0)20 3201 5001
Christopher Harrison is a partner in Morgan Lewis’s Business and Finance Practice and Co-Managing Partner of the firm's London office. Chris acts for financial institutions, sponsors, and governments on complex domestic and cross-border finance transactions under English law. He advises on a broad range of finance matters including acquisition finance, infrastructure finance, and debt restructurings.
Prior to joining Morgan Lewis, Chris was a partner in the financial transactions group of an international law firm. He has nearly 20 years of experience as an English law finance lawyer at several prestigious international law firms in London.
Chris received his LLB from the University of Bristol in 1989. He is admitted to practice in England and Wales as a Solicitor.
Note: This list includes engagements completed prior to joining Morgan Lewis.
- Represented a financial services firm as agent in relation to $110 million syndicated facilities granted to a music rights management company.
- Represented an information technology company in relation to the restructuring of its senior, second lien, and mezzanine finance facilities and the sale of its debt facilities and equity to a US fund.
- Represented a global investment management firm in relation to the restructuring of credit facilities granted to a printing and packaging supplier and new facilities ahead of a proposed IPO.
- Represented a financial management and advisory company in relation to its acquisition of a global private investment firm’s equity interests in an airline catering company.
- Represented a retirement and health benefit services company in relation to its acquisition of a co-investment interest in a London airport from an independent fund and a sovereign wealth fund.
- Represented a private equity firm in relation to a $110 million bridge facility for its acquisition of a stake in a privately-owned electrical appliance retailer.
- Represented a private equity firm as sponsor in the US$181 million leveraged buyout of one of the largest global producers of xanthan gum.
- Advised an international universal bank in relation to an Islamic (Sukuk) bond issuance by a Cayman SPV issuer in respect of Kuwait real estate assets.
- Advised a real estate investment company as a sponsor in relation to a US$765 million acquisition financing of a European storage business.
- Represented a private equity firm in its US$150 million purchase of a 9.7% stake in a leading PRC- and Hong Kong-based electronics retailer.
- Advised a multinational American technology and services conglomerate in connection with all aspects of a £400 million lease receivables financing for a global document management company in the UK.
- Represented an Internet, telephone, and cable television provider in relation to a £3.8 billion debt-for-equity exchange and a £2.03 billion refinancing of existing senior indebtedness.
- Advised a global financial services firm in connection with the provision of £132 million senior and mezzanine credit facilities for the public-to-private acquisition and the subsequent refinancings of one of England's largest department store groups.
- University of Bristol, 1989, LLB