honors + affiliations
Listed, "Rising Star," Northern California Super Lawyers (2009–2010, 2012)
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Eastern, and Central Districts of California
- San Francisco
One Market, Spear Street Tower
San Francisco, CA 94105-1596
Jeremy N. Lateiner is an associate in Morgan Lewis's Litigation Practice. Mr. Lateiner's practice focuses on complex commercial disputes on behalf of both plaintiffs and defendants in California state court and federal courts, with a focus on technology clients. He has experience litigating matters involving contractual disputes, fraud, trade secrets, unfair business practices, trade libel, product liability, and premises liability. His practice also includes counseling clients in prelitigation matters and government investigations, including complex electronic discovery issues.
Mr. Lateiner's recent representations include:
- Represented a global leader in voice over IP technology in a licensing dispute in the Northern District of California
- Represented a technology measurement and testing company in a contract dispute regarding the sale of a subsidiary
- Represented a leading supplier of Internet networking equipment in litigation involving allegations of trade libel and interference with contractual relations
- Obtained dismissal of a trade secret dispute for Internet networking client in the Central District of California
Prior to joining Morgan Lewis, Mr. Lateiner was an associate at a law firm in Walnut Creek, California, where he represented plaintiffs in personal injury, wrongful death, and product liability litigation.
Mr. Lateiner earned his J.D., cum laude, from the University of San Francisco School of Law in 2005, where he won Best Brief in the school's Spring 2003 Moot Court Program. He earned his B.A. in history from the University of California, Los Angeles in 2002.
Mr. Lateiner is admitted to practice in California and before the U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Eastern, and Central Districts of California.
- University of San Francisco School of Law, 2005, J.D., Cum Laude
- University of California, Los Angeles, 2002, B.A.