- U.S. Supreme Court
Jason D. Roberts is a senior attorney in Morgan Lewis's Real Estate Practice. Our real estate attorneys represent a variety of real estate owners and stakeholders, including: national and international companies, real estate investment trusts (REITs), institutional lenders, private equity funds, and pension funds and advisers in connection with their ownership, use, and financing of real estate.
Mr. Roberts regularly advises landlords and tenants in corporate and commercial leasing matters. He has represented life sciences companies, investment funds and oil and gas and solar energy companies in complex transactions across the nation. Mr. Roberts' experience also includes the representation of large developers in sophisticated multi-state portfolio transactions.
Mr. Roberts' representative transactions include:
- Represented a manufacturer in its build-to-suit lease of a 526,000+ square foot distribution center and training facility in New Jersey, the largest built-to-suit development in New Jersey in 2012.
- Represented one of the leading real estate investment managers in North America in its acquisition, structuring, and financing of a 45-property, five-state transaction. The approximately $195 million transaction, included office and mixed use properties ranging in size from 15,000 to 225,000 square feet.
- Represented a publicly-traded self-storage REIT in its acquisition of a 22-property portfolio, totaling 1.6 million square feet located in New York, Pennsylvania, and Connecticut.
- Representation of an oil and gas producer in a $12.1 billion acquisition.
- Representation of a major pharmaceutical company in the leasing of 670,000 square feet of space for a new U.S. headquarters in New Jersey and the acquisition of an option to lease a to-be-constructed building consisting of 200,000 square feet at the same site.
- Representation of a real estate company in a tenant expansion to approximately 252,000 feet for administrative offices of a leading pediatric medical facility.
- Representation of one of the nation's largest landlords in all ongoing leasing matters relating to a 1.1 million square foot office complex.
- Represented a multiemployer benefit plan as landlord in a $158 million lease for 238,000 square feet of space of in downtown Washington, D.C. The deal was recognized as the lease renewal of the year (2012) in the Washington Business Journal.
Prior to joining Morgan Lewis, Mr. Roberts served as associate general counsel of a real estate development company.
Mr. Roberts earned his J.D., cum laude, from the Dickinson School of Law of the Pennsylvania State University in 2003 and his B.S., Phi Beta Kappa, from Cornell University in 2000.
Mr. Roberts is admitted to practice in Pennsylvania and before the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Pennsylvania State University, Dickinson School of Law, 2003, J.D., Cum Laude
- Cornell University, 2000, B.S., Phi Beta Kappa