- U.S. District Courts for the Central, Northern, and Southern Districts of California
- Los Angeles
300 South Grand Ave, 22nd Fl.
Los Angeles, CA 90071-3132
Lisa R. Veasman is an associate in Morgan Lewis's Litigation Practice. Ms. Veasman focuses her practice on complex litigation in California state and federal courts across a range of industries, including the healthcare and financial services sectors. She represents corporate clients in a variety of complex litigation matters, including commercial disputes, securities litigation matters, arbitrations, and healthcare litigation. Ms. Veasman has also represented clients in cases involving corporate investigations and is currently part of a team coordinating national representation for serial product liability actions.
Ms. Veasman's representative matters include:
- Representation of a broker dealer in several cases in both federal and state courts involving allegedsecurities fraud related to auction rate securities.
- Secured summary judgment for health plan in class action involving claims of unfair business practices and fraud involving allegations ofexcessive premiums, which was upheld on appeal.
- Secured dismissals of federal actions for financial services client involving allegations of breach of contract relating to real estate disputes.
- Representation of health plan and health insurer in a representative action filed by the Los Angeles City Attorney alleging claims for violations California's Unfair Competition Law and False Advertising Law, based on rescission of member policies.
- Representing a New Mexico group of medical providers in arbitration regarding breach of contract claims and alleged improper marketing and advertising.
Ms. Veasman received her J.D., cum laude, from the University of California, Hastings College of the Law in 2008, where she served as editor-in-chief for the Hastings Communications and Entertainment Law Journal. While in law school, she served as an intern for the California Department of Justice, Attorney General's Office in the Criminal Appellate Division. Ms. Veasman received her B.A., with high honors, in English from the University of California, Santa Barbara in 2003.Ms. Veasman is admitted to practice in California and before the U.S. District Courts for the Central, Northern, and Southern Districts of California.
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, 2008, J.D., Cum Laude
- University of California, Santa Barbara, 2003, B.A., With High Honors