For More Information
Mergers, acquisitions, startups, closings, reorganizations and workforce reductions—these were once considered extraordinary business changes. Now, they are fundamental to doing business or staying in business. And these changes trigger the complex laws, regulations, benefit plans, contracts, and agreements that focus on the people who manage or work for every business.
Workforce Change includes attorneys and legal professionals who handle the full spectrum of employment, labor, benefits, and related issues confronting businesses involved in significant corporate transactions and business restructuring. Workforce Change taps into the experience Morgan Lewis’s attorneys have gained through involvement in thousands of deals, reductions in force, spinoffs, startups, joint ventures, relocations, outsourcing, off-shoring, contingent staffing, and other types of restructurings.
We pull the pieces together to address all aspects of workforce change:
- Deal-related employment and benefits due diligence
- Strategic assistance with deal structuring
- Labor negotiations and union contracts
- Assessment of turnover, absenteeism, and productivity
- Retirement plans and pension benefits
- Severance pay plans and separation benefits
- Reduction-in-force procedures
- Discrimination litigation and affirmative action compliance
- Confidentiality agreements/trade secrets
- Occupational safety and health (OSHA)
- Immigration, H1-B visas, and I-9 documentation