For More Information
Areas of Experience
Morgan Lewis's Tax Practice advises clients on international and U.S. federal, state, and local tax exposures associated with pending transactions and ongoing business operations. A significant portion of our work is dedicated to assisting our clients in successfully resolving on-going tax controversy and litigation matters. Our lawyers are able to integrate controversy, planning, and transactional advice to produce practical and efficient solutions to often highly complex tax issues.
- We work closely with the firm's corporate attorneys in connection with domestic and international mergers, acquisitions, spinoffs, buyouts, restructurings, and securities offerings.
- We work closely on a day-to-day basis with our clients' in-house tax personnel to help them address ongoing issues, satisfy their compliance obligations, and prepare for potential controversies.
- We are experienced in successfully resolving tax disputes with the IRS or with state and foreign tax authorities, through both the examination and appeals processes.
- We have successfully litigated a wide variety of tax disputes in the U.S. Tax Court, the U.S. Court of Federal Claims, federal district and appellate courts, and numerous state courts.
- We proactively seek solutions by persuading the U.S. Treasury to publish regulations or rulings.
Our attorneys, located throughout the United States, Europe and Asia, are leading national practitioners recognized by Chambers USA, Legal 500, Euromoney's guide to the World's Leading Tax Advisors, and other peer and client rankings. In addition to the attorneys in the Tax Practice, Morgan Lewis also has many tax lawyers in the related practices of White Collar Litigation and Government Investigations, Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation, and Personal Law.
The Tax Practice integrates controversy, consulting and transactional advice to produce practical and efficient solutions to often highly complex tax problems. We advise in the areas of: