Franchise work is a natural outgrowth of our trademark and licensing practice. Morgan Lewis lawyers:
- Prepare franchise agreements, offering circulars and ancillary documents.
- Structure franchise agreements domestically and abroad.
- Perform due diligence in connection with franchise acquisitions.
- Litigate or otherwise resolve franchise disputes.
- Structure business operations to avoid invoking federal and state laws regarding franchises for clients who prefer not to operate franchise systems.
- Counsel franchisers and non-franchisers on compliance with state franchise relationship statutes and dealer termination statutes.
- Consider the potential application of "business opportunity" laws.