Reliability compliance obligations have grown in complexity since the beginning of mandatory Reliability Standards following EPAct 2005, resulting in greater burdens on utilities and raising the spectre of increased penalties for violations. Staying current on decisions and guidance from NERC, as well as the legal developments under Section 215 of the Federal Power Act, is an essential tool for compliance.
This webinar presentation focused on recent developments at FERC and NERC regarding mandatory Reliability Standards enforcement. Panelists provided a detailed overview of significant compliance issues, with special attention on issues that are a recurring source of trouble for users, owners, and operators of the Bulk-Power System.
- Technical Feasibility Exceptions for CIP Reliability Standards
- Successful audits, spot checks, and investigations
- Things to consider when self-reporting a compliance violation
- CIP compliance for nuclear generators, including balance of plant determinations and identifying Critical Cyber Assets
- Avoiding getting tripped up by the most violated Reliability Standards