published on:July 27 & 29, 2010
Morgan Lewis presented a four-part webinar series that reviewed the most significant FCPA trends of 2010 so far, discussed predictions for the remainder of the year, explored anticipated industrywide investigations, and provided practice advice for avoiding FCPA pitfalls.
The Mid-Year Review was presented twice. The July 27 program included discussion on the expanding enforcement by overseas authorities, including an overview of the UK Bribery Act of 2010.
Mid-Year Review topics included:
- A review of FCPA enforcement during the first half of 2010
- Enforcement trends and initiatives in the United States and abroad
- An analysis of corporate and individual penalties
- Related prosecutions under the Travel Act and other statutes
- The new UK anti-corruption legislation and how it might affect your business
- Due diligence and compliance lessons learned so far during 2010
- Predictions for the remainder of 2010
- FCPA hotspots and industries under scrutiny