For More Information
Morgan Lewis offers a full range of legal services throughout the world on trademarks and service marks, including the selection, use, registration, protection, enforcement, licensing, and transfer of marks — as well as trade names and Internet domain names. A substantial portion of our practice is devoted to securing and enforcing registrations for our clients’ marks.
Our lawyers provide these services for clients:
- Prosecute applications for registration at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- Prepare and negotiate licenses and other trademark agreements.
- Litigate or otherwise resolve registration disputes before the U.S. Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
- Litigate trademark infringement cases in U.S. district and state courts, as well as the appellate courts.
- Handle matters through Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) mechanisms.
The firm handles both domestic and foreign trademark matters. For foreign prosecutions, including European Community Trademarks, Morgan Lewis works with a network of firms outside the United States with whom we have a long and successful history. Our own lawyers outside the United States frequently play integral roles in resolving trademark disputes or commercial transactions in Europe and Asia.