Distressed Company Transactions
For More Information
Morgan Lewis helps its clients capitalize on distressed, turnaround, and special situation opportunities in the current economy.
Today's turbulent financial markets pose unprecedented challenges. The Morgan Lewis Distressed Company Task Force enables our clients to capitalize upon these challenges quickly and efficiently. Our task force reaches across our international platform, affording our clients an integrated solution to their transactional needs. The task force comprises attorneys from our internationally recognized Mergers and Acquisitions, Private Equity, Finance, Tax, Securities, and Restructuring Practices and is supported by our industry-leading Labor and Employee Benefits, Environmental, Fund Formation, and Antitrust Practices.
The Distressed Company Task Force regularly counsels clients on:
- The acquisition, disposition, and restructuring of companies with complex and multitiered debt and equity structures, as well as carve-out and specific asset acquisitions from these companies
- Restructuring and recapitalizing private equity and venture-backed portfolio companies
- Debt acquisition strategies to exert influence in the restructuring process and gain post-restructuring control
- Workforce reduction issues
- Debt swaps
- Bankruptcy Code Section 363 sales
- Loan-to-own and buy-your-own transactions
- Complex workout issues
- Investments in private and public company securities
- The unique governance issues attendant to competing equity holder interests