Healthcare Specialty Providers and Suppliers
Morgan Lewis attorneys represent an array of specialty healthcare providers and suppliers, including retail and specialty pharmacies; long-term care, home health, and hospice providers; single- and multispecialty physician practices; ambulatory surgery centers; dialysis facilities and suppliers; durable medical equipment and orthotic and prosthetic suppliers; diagnostic imaging suppliers and IDTFs; behavioral health providers; and clinical laboratories. We are nationally recognized as leading attorneys on healthcare regulatory, fraud and abuse, and compliance matters, and we partner with clients as either special or general counsel to provide advice on a wide variety of matters, including the following:
- Transactions and business combinations and affiliations, such as mergers, acquisitions, restructurings, divestitures, and joint ventures
- Medicare coverage and reimbursement counseling, including Medicare reimbursement audits and overpayment demands from RACs and intermediaries/carriers, physician self-referral and anti-referral prohibitions, coding and billing, clinical trials, and FDA reviews
- State and federal regulatory and compliance counseling, including compliance programs, corporate integrity agreements (reportable events and annual report preparation), and OIG exclusion issues
- Multistate legal and regulatory surveys on a wide variety of legal issues, including state licensure/CON, accreditation, corporate practice of medicine, and fee splitting
- Fraud and abuse counseling on the application of federal and state antikickback and self-referral laws and False Claims Act issues to business operations, arrangements, and transactions
- Internal investigations and compliance assessments, including potential self-disclosures to Medicare/Medicaid contractors, DOJ, OIG, state attorneys general, and other regulatory and enforcement agencies
- Defense of government investigations arising from federal and state subpoenas and qui tam whistleblower actions under the False Claims Act and various criminal statutes
- HIPAA privacy and security matters and an array of healthcare IT matters
- Commercial and administrative litigation
- Contracting (managed care, preferred provider, Medicare Part D)
- State and federal policy and advocacy issues
Our attorneys have experience with the healthcare regulatory and enforcement agencies, with many having served in DOJ and OIG positions during their careers. With more than 30 full-time healthcare attorneys, many of whom are noted national authorities in their fields, and with a deep bench strength that includes hundreds of other attorneys across the firm who have healthcare industry experience, Morgan Lewis distinguishes itself through its national perspective, the business acumen of its lawyers, and its ability to develop creative solutions to complex legal problems in a cost-effective and responsive manner.
At Morgan Lewis, our goal is to help our clients find effective solutions to their legal issues through practical, real-world advice. We accomplish this objective by listening to and understanding the needs of our clients and their business; exploring options and alternatives consistent with legal and regulatory guidelines, rather than just saying “it can’t be done”; and developing and implementing creative solutions that enable our clients to meet their business needs. We look forward to working with you.