For More Information
Areas of Experience
Morgan Lewis's Tax Practice is focused on helping our clients minimize the federal, state, and foreign taxes associated with their transactions and ongoing business operations, and resolve disputes with taxing authorities. We are well qualified to advise on the most complicated tax issues and offer practical and efficient solutions.
- We work closely with the firm's corporate attorneys in connection with domestic and international mergers, acquisitions, spinoffs, buyouts, restructurings, and securities offerings.
- We work closely on a day-to-day basis with our clients' in-house tax personnel to help them address ongoing issues, satisfy their compliance obligations, and prepare for potential controversies.
- We are experienced in successfully resolving tax disputes with the IRS or with state and foreign tax authorities, through both the examination and appeals processes.
- We have successfully litigated a wide variety of tax disputes in the U.S. Tax Court, the U.S. Court of Federal Claims, federal district and appellate courts, and numerous state courts.
- We proactively seek solutions by persuading the U.S. Treasury to publish regulations or rulings.
The Tax Practice integrates controversy, consulting and transactional advice to produce practical and efficient solutions to often highly complex tax problems. We advise in the areas of: