Mergers and Acquisitions Related News
- Buy side advisor in Buyouts' Deal of the Year and Middle Market Deal of the Year (2010) between Ovation Pharmaceuticals and H. Lundbeck
- Sell side advisor in Buyouts' Turnaround of the Year (2010) as Sun Capital Partners sold Tarami K.K. to Mitsubishi UFJ Lease & Finance Company
- Ranked Top 10 – M&A transactions: Thomson Reuters, Mergermarket, Bloomberg, and Buyouts (2011)
- U.S. Announced Counsel to Principals - Ranked by Deal Count: 10th - Bloomberg
- U.S. M&A Announced - Ranked by Deal Count: 18th - Mergermarket
- U.S. Announced Adviser Rankings Based on Number of Transactions with Undisclosed and Disclosed Values Up to and Including $500M: 8th - Buyouts
- Any UK Involvement Announced - Ranked by Volume: 8th - Thomas Reuters
- Ranked as a leading firm by Chambers USA 2011 in the following areas: Transactional firm in New York, California, Pennsylvania, District of Columbia, and New Jersey
- Our People
- Publications of Interest
- Upcoming Events
- Related News
- << Back to Business & Finance
- << Back to Practices
Areas of Experience
- Carve-Out Transactions
- Cross-Border M&A
- Distressed Company Transactions
- ESOP Compliance/Transaction Matters
- Financial Services M&A
- Infrastructure M&A
- Insurance Transactions
- Joint Ventures & Strategic Alliances
- Life Sciences Transactions
- Media M&A
- Private Equity M&A
- Technology & Commercial Transactions
Morgan Lewis represented The Kraft Group and Schwarz Partners JV on their acquisition of two containerboard mills from global paper and packaging company International Paper.
Morgan Lewis announced the opening this week of new offices in Moscow, Russia and Almaty, Kazakhstan, with a total of 42 attorneys, including seven partners and three international partners.
Morgan Lewis served as legal advisor to Pearson plc on its acquisition of GlobalEnglish, a provider of cloud-based, on-demand Business English learning, assessment and performance support software.
Morgan Lewis served as legal advisor to AAK on its acquisition of Oasis Food Company.
Morgan Lewis served as legal advisor to Pearson VUE on the acquisition of Certiport from private equity firm Spire Capital Partners L.P.
Morgan Lewis confirmed that ten partners will join the firm's Business and Finance Practice, resident in the UK, Russia, and Kazakhstan.
Morgan Lewis advised Wells Fargo Securities on its acquisition of Merlin Securities, LLC.
Business and Finance partner Randall Sunberg is interviewed as part of Law360's Q&A series.
Firm Ranks #1 in Retail Industry Transactions According to Buyouts.
Morgan Lewis served as legal advisor to Sun Capital on its affiliate's acquisition of CornerStone Research & Development, Inc., from Mitsui & Co., Inc.
Morgan Lewis served as legal advisor to Sun Capital on its affiliate acquisition of Certified Power, Inc.
Morgan Lewis advised Sprouts Farmers Market ("Sprouts"), an independent natural food store chains, on it's merger with Sunflower Farmers Market ("Sunflower"). The two natural food store chains announced today the execution of a definitive agreement to merge.
Morgan Lewis advised Raybestos Powertrain LLC on its acquisition by Monomoy Capital Partners.
The Pep Boys, the nation's leading automotive aftermarket service and retail chain, today announced that it has entered into a definitive merger agreement under which it will be acquired by The Gores Group, one of the nation's leading investment firms, led by founder and CEO, Alec Gores.
The New York Times Company has entered into an agreement to sell its Regional Media Group, consisting of 16 regional newspapers, other print publications and related businesses, to Halifax Media Holdings LLC for $143 million in cash, subject to certain adjustments.
Baldwin Technology Company, Inc. announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement to be acquired by Forsyth Baldwin, LLC, a company controlled by Forsyth Capital Investors, LLC.
Morgan Lewis advised Diversified Service Options (DSO) on its acquisition of Highmark Medicare Services Inc.
Morgan Lewis advised Pearson, the world's leading learning company, on its acquisition of the Global Education and Technology Group for $11.006 per American Depository Share.
ConocoPhillips announced that it has entered into an agreement with Enbridge Inc. to sell its ownership interest in the Seaway Crude Pipeline System.
Reed Elsevier announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire the entire issued share capital of Accuity Holdings Inc. from Investcorp.
Pearson announced that it will acquire Connections Education from an investor group led by Apollo Management, L.P.
Bloomberg LP and BNA have entered into an agreement whereby Bloomberg will acquire all outstanding shares of BNA, followed by a merger.
Morgan Lewis advised Kinetic Concepts, Inc. (KCI), on a definitive merger agreement under which a consortium comprised of private equity funds will acquire KCI in a $6.3 billion transaction.
Morgan Lewis advised Blackboard Inc. on its acquisition by an investor group, led by affiliates of Providence Equity, in an all-cash transaction valued at approximately $1.64 billion.
Mitsui & Co., Ltd. announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement with SM Energy Company to acquire a 12.5% working interest in SME's Eagle Ford property in Texas, in a transaction valued at approximately $680 million.