Year Office Opened: 1947
Number of Lawyers: 98 Partners | 35 Counsel | 139 Associates
(as of March 2012)
KEY PRACTICE AREAS
- FDA & Healthcare
- Labor & Employment
- Firmwide orientation held off-site
- Partner and associate mentors for each summer associate
- Work assignment coordinators for advice and background on assignments and practice
- Secretary mentors for direction and guidance
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Luncheon seminars and social events with practice groups
- "Tag along" experiences to court, congressional hearings, and client meetings
- Mid-summer and end-of-summer evaluations
- Optional Public Interest Community Service (PICS) Program offered to all summer associates (learn more)
PAST WASHINGTON, D.C. SUMMER PROGRAM EVENTS
- Welcome reception
- Mentor/mentee happy hour
- Washington Office Community Service Day and Firmwide Pro Bono Week
- Brewery tour and tasting
- Casino night
- Segway tour
- Baseball game
- Attorney happy hours
- Farewell event
WHAT FORMER MORGAN LEWIS SUMMER ASSOCIATES SAY
- "I enjoyed the weekly 'fun events' because they gave us an opportunity to get to know one another in a different setting."
- "I was shocked at how accessible and enthusiastic the partners are about meeting and interacting with the summers. This was a huge plus."
- "I made both professional relationships and lasting friendships through Morgan Lewis this summer!"
- "Building professional relationships was not challenging because the lawyers I encountered were very personable, and we were given so many opportunities to interact with the different lawyers in professional as well as less structured environments."
- "I was surprised with how accommodating each attorney is, from first-year associate to managing partner."
- "The firm does very high-quality work and takes great effort in its recruitment process. A law student would be very lucky to work here."
- "The firm's culture is extremely encouraging. Partners would consistently come into my office and check on me, and see how I enjoyed the work, and whether I had any questions."
- "You won't find better attorneys, personally or professionally, anywhere else."
- "A great balance has been struck between great work and great life experience."
- "Every lawyer that I met seemed genuinely interested about helping me, or answering any questions that I may have had."
- "I love the opportunity to work on and contribute to fascinating pro bono projects this summer, it gave me a chance to do the sort of legal work that otherwise would have been unavailable."