Employment Counseling and Litigation
For More Information
Morgan Lewis lawyers are recognized as seasoned counselors in the intricacies of the federal and state employment statutes and common law, including discrimination statutes – Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Equal Pay Act and state analogues – and with the agencies and courts that administer those laws. Our lawyers have in-depth knowledge of federal affirmative action requirements and fluently advise clients on compliance with Executive Order 11246, the Rehabilitation Act and related requirements for federal contractors.
When our clients are sued by current or former employees, we partner with clients to achieve results most efficiently. In big-case litigation, we bring to bear state-of-the-art technology for document management and overall case control. For smaller cases, our reservoir of rapidly accessible research maximizes our ability to handle cases effectively. Stressing excellence, we strive to:
- Counsel, investigate and litigate employment claims.
- Defend complex litigation in which the EEOC or OFCCP (or both) is concurrently investigating matters that are the subject of ongoing court litigation.
- Defend securities firms and other companies in statutory claims arbitration proceedings and related litigation regarding enforcement of arbitration agreements and confirmation of arbitration awards.
- Prepare affirmative action plans and represent clients in OFCCP compliance reviews, corporate management ("glass ceiling") reviews, and corporation-focused reviews.
- Prosecute and defend intellectual property matters involving employees.
Our lawyers partner with you to creatively address the "day-to-day" human resource issues that all businesses face. Stressing creativity and business solutions, we strive to:
- Develop corporate policies and advise on the Family and Medical Leave Act, the ADA and workers' compensation statutes.
- Conduct company-wide and management training on a variety of topics, including workplace harassment, diversity, and EEO compliance.
- Design and implement downsizing and corporate restructurings, including adverse impact analyses of planned reductions in force.
- Devise exit incentive programs under the OWBPA and ERISA in advance of corporate restructurings.
- Counsel on the design and implementation of alternative dispute resolution (ADR) mechanisms.
- Counsel on the labor, employment law and ERISA issues associated with international sales, mergers, acquisitions, including "reps and warranties," and due diligence.