Transactional Tax Advice
Morgan Lewis's Tax Practice has extensive experience in transactional tax planning on a global basis, and aims to develop and implement tax-efficient structuring to satisfy client objectives. We regularly work with our clients on a wide variety of domestic and international mergers and acquisitions, reorganizations, spinoffs, joint ventures, and strategic alliances, as well as equity and debt securities offerings.
Both domestically and internationally, we have substantial experience in the following areas:
- Corporate reorganizations, mergers, acquisitions, spinoffs, leveraged buyouts, and workout and bankruptcy matters.
- Joint ventures, partnerships, and other strategic alliances.
- Securities offerings, including debt, equity, unit offerings, exchangeable securities, asset-backed offerings, and “new products.”
- Cross-border transactions, including international lending, foreign currency hedging, interest-rate swaps, and the organization of international finance subsidiaries.
- Structuring outbound investment from the United States into Europe and other non-U.S. jurisdictions, and structuring inbound investment into the United States.
- Structuring of tax and operationally effective legal structures for multinational groups.
- Structuring financial instruments and investment products.
- Transfer pricing planning and documentation studies.