With some 700 litigators firmwide, Morgan Lewis's diverse, trial-ready teams are here to help our clients meet their business and litigation needs.
Clients increasingly choose Morgan Lewis to handle their litigation. With its scope, legal and business savvy, and subject-matter mastery, our litigation and arbitration team is built to serve a diverse global clientele whose business concerns often play out on the world stage-with their brands, products, and most vital interests at stake. Our deep bench of trial lawyers includes former high-level government agency attorneys, former top counsel to major business institutions, and industry- and peer-recognized lawyers with reputations for creativity, efficiency, and groundbreaking results in the courtroom. We are also consistently ranked as one of the top law firms in Corporate Counsel magazine's listing of "Who Represents America's Biggest Companies?" In 2012, we were the winner of the The Legal Intelligencer's 2012 "Litigation Departments of the Year" for General Litigation, and Law360 named us a "Securities Group of the Year."
The benefits of teaming with Morgan Lewis for your litigation needs include:
- Distinguished background as national trial and coordinating counsel in bet-the-company litigation in state and federal courts.
- Record of success in handling a broad range of matters, from high-stakes litigation to high-profile class actions, national serial litigation and other complex litigation.
- Significant, proven skill in major class actions, mass tort and other complex litigation; appearances before arbitral tribunals around the world.
- The customized technology to turn mountains of potentially litigation-relevant data and documents into easily accessible, discovery-compliant information banks.
- Attorneys who are leaders in their profession, many having joined the firm after distinguished careers in government.
Our deep bench of trial attorneys, combined with our technology-savvy discovery teams, work to guard your short-term and long-term interests inside and outside of the courtroom.
Protecting Your Interests
We understand the powerful impact major litigation can have on a company; we’re committed to working with you to avoid litigation, wherever possible. If litigation does become unavoidable, we’ll move quickly to contain risk and minimize its impact. And as discovery can be a protracted and costly aspect of litigation, we’ll focus our energies in a clearly targeted discovery process.
Our legal strategies are designed to ensure the continued, effective flow of your daily business operations, as well as to protect your long-term financial plans. We offer alternative fee structures and cost-efficient methods to protect you from runaway costs while ensuring quality in all our deliverables.
Our skills and background successfully serve a broad range of industries: financial services, technology, life sciences, pharmaceutical, energy, retail, and healthcare, to name a few.
The depth of litigation and jury trial skill we offer is drawn straight from experience: in one representative three-year period we litigated 10,000 cases and we took cases to trial in every major U.S. jurisdiction, as well as in the United Kingdom and Europe. This includes appearances in state appellate courts across the United States and in all 13 federal courts of appeals, as well as the U.S. Supreme Court. We also have a broad range of skills in alternative dispute resolutions.