Listed as a leader for National Outsourcing in Chambers USA (2009–2012)
Listed as a leader in Outsourcing in Chambers Global (2008–2012)
Listed as a leader in Outsourcing in the Legal 500 (2008–2012)
Listed as Highly Recommended for Outsourcing in PLC Which Lawyer? Yearbook (2010–2012)
Megan E. Gatto is an associate in Morgan Lewis's Global Outsourcing, Technology, and Commercial Transactions Practice. Ms. Gatto focuses her practice on outsourcing transactions, including information technology and business process outsourcing, commercial agreements, including professional services and consulting agreements, and other technology-related agreements, including for data center and cloud computing environments, for hosted platform, software and data solutions, for software as a service (SaaS) and data as a service, for application development, testing and maintenance (ADM), and for licensing and other technology services.
Ms. Gatto has assisted in a series of outsourcing and technology transactions for clients in the pharmaceutical, energy, financial services, and insurance and healthcare industries. Her recent experience includes:
- A cloud-based outsourcing of email, calendar, and related communications services by a large energy company to Microsoft;
- A ten-year claims processing platform transaction for a leading healthcare provider, including data hosting and backup services;
- A five-year global IT outsourcing for the world's largest distributor of natural gas, covering data center services, end-user services, network services, and server services;
- A three-year data aggregation, analytics and reporting agreement for a financial services company;
- A five-year facilities management outsourcing for a nationwide educational services provider;
- Many application development, testing and maintenance transactions, both onshore and offshore, including multiple deals for each of a major communications and entertainment company, several companies in the healthcare industry, and a major service provider to the investment services industry;
- A seven-year care management outsourcing for a leading health insurance company, including an innovative contractual joint venture between the health insurance company and the outsourcing service provider to bring the provision of care management services to the market;
- An eight-year human resources outsourcing transaction for a global health services company including payroll and benefits services and data management;
- A finance and accounting outsourcing for a health benefits company, which included accounting and reporting services, financial operations services, procure to pay services, and financial systems support services; and
- A global workplace-productivity outsourcing for a major pharmaceutical company, including unified communications and email hosting, desktop support, identity management, call centers, collaboration site operations, integrated service management, and web hosting.
Ms. Gatto received her J.D. from the University of Pennsylvania Law School in 2008, where she was a member of the University of Pennsylvania Journal of Constitutional Law. She received her B.S.E., magna cum laude, in materials science and engineering from the University of Pennsylvania in 2005.
Ms. Gatto is admitted to practice in Pennsylvania.
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, 2008, J.D.
- University of Pennsylvania, 2005, B.S.E., Magna Cum Laude