honors + affiliations
Member, American Bar Association
Member, Women's Bar Association of the District of Columbia
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- Washington, D.C.
1111 Pennsylvania Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20004-2541
Jessica M. Zetwick is an associate in Morgan Lewis's Litigation Practice. Ms. Zetwick represents clients in a variety of complex commercial litigation matters and in investigations before the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and other federal and state agencies. Her litigation experience includes representation of large and small clients in federal and state court in all phases of discovery and pretrial litigation, as well as representation at trial and on appeal.
Some of Ms. Zetwick's representations include:
- Representation of a collateral insurance tracking provider before the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia (the "Rocket Docket"), which resulted in summary judgment on all claims, and on appeal before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit.
- Representation of a biotech company in a week-long arbitration alleging breach of a manufacturing and supply contract for synthetic ribonucleic acid oligonucleotides.
- Representation of an education services company in litigation arising out of the company's acquisition of an education software company.
Complementing her commercial litigation practice, Ms. Zetwick also represents corporate and individual clients in securities enforcement actions and related litigation, including:
- Representation of a broker-dealer in a U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission enforcement action, state securities investigations, Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) investigation, and civil litigation alleging sales practice and supervision violations.
- Representation of an advisory firm in an industry-wide U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission investigation alleging insider trading.
- Representation of various officers and employees within the financial industry in testimony before the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
Ms. Zetwick also maintains an active pro bono practice and has represented clients in various litigation matters, including gaining a favorable settlement for a public housing tenant threatened with eviction and a lifetime bar from public housing and winning a sizeable award at trial for an indigent client who was fighting to regain ownership of family property after it was fraudulently assigned to another party.
Ms. Zetwick received her J.D., with honors, from George Washington University Law School in 2008, where she was an articles editor for the George Washington University International Law Review. While in law school, she was also a member of both the Moot Court and Mock Trial Boards. Ms. Zetwick received her B.A., summa cum laude, in women's studies and political science from Miami University in 2005.Ms. Zetwick is admitted to practice in the District of Columbia and Virginia and before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit and the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern District of Virginia and the District of Columbia.
- George Washington University Law School, 2008, J.D., With Honors
- Miami University, 2005, B.A., Summa Cum Laude