- Energy Litigation
- Accounting Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Insurance Recovery
- White Collar Litigation & Government Investigations
- Bankruptcy Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Financial Services Litigation
- International Arbitration & Litigation
- Reinsurance/Insurance Industry Litigation
honors + affiliations
Listed, Chambers UK: A Client's Guide to the UK Legal Profession (2011–2012)
Listed, The Legal 500 (2009–2011)
Member, International Bar Association
Member, London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA)
- England & Wales (Solicitor)
5-10 St. Paul's Churchyard
London, EC4M 8AL
Phone: +44 (0)20 3201 5590
Fax: +44 (0)20 3201 5001
David Waldron is a partner in Morgan Lewis's Litigation Practice. David has a broad international commercial disputes practice and regularly assists clients in disputes concerning the international oil, gas, and energy industries. He has experience in industrial and infrastructure projects; financial products including private equity, derivatives, and risk transfer; and general commercial disputes, such as supply agreements, sale agreements, and joint ventures.
A large part of David's practice is assisting clients in arbitrations. Most recently, he has handled arbitrations principally heard in London and Paris, as well as matters involving the International Criminal Court and the London Court of International Arbitration.
David also has experience conducting disputes in the High Court of England & Wales, and in appeals. In addition, he regularly conducts and manages cross-border disputes in jurisdictions such as Australia, Belgium, Germany, Jamaica, Russia, and Ukraine. David is also a solicitor advocate and an accredited mediator.
Prior to joining Morgan Lewis, David was a partner in the litigation practice of an international firm, resident in London, where he was co-chair of its litigation department and energy litigation practice.
David earned his MA from King's College, London in 1994. He sat for his law society finals at De Montfort University, England in 1991 and earned his BSc (Hons) from De Montfort University, England in 1990.
David is admitted to practice in England and Wales as a Solicitor.
- Advised an agribusiness in its claim for damages arising out of a major construction project.
- Instructed by a client to seek recovery of the losses sustained to its treasury portfolio because of a ratings agency downgrade.
- Represented a gas company in a major multijurisdictional fraud action regarding procurement irregularities.
- Defended a company against Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (HMRC) prosecution.
- Advised an insurance company contesting a scheme of arrangement and information to which it is entitled.
- Represented an oil company in an arbitration claim for damages for claims of breach of contract and tort arising out of a gas supply contract.
- Represented an oil company in defending a claim through a joint venture by the providers of seismic services.
- Advised an oil company in arbitration defending a claim from a shareholder/joint venture partner regarding duties arising in the company/joint venture.
- Advised a pension company regarding trades conducted by its fund managers that had led to significant trading losses.
- Represented a power provider in High Court proceedings regarding ownership of CO2 emission credits.
- Representing a seismic company in multiple arbitrations from an agent for contractual damages regarding development of business in a predefined geographic area.
- King's College London, 1994, MA
- De Montfort University, England, 1991, Law Society Finals
- De Montfort University, England, 1990, BSc (Hons)