honors + affiliations
Listed, Chambers Asia: The World's Leading Lawyers for Business (2011)
Listed, Chambers Global: The World's Leading Lawyers for Business (2012–2013)
Member, New York State Bar Association
Member, Association of the Bar of the City of New York
Member, American Bar Association
- New York
Bradley K. Edmister is a partner in Morgan Lewis's Business and Finance Practice. Mr. Edmister practices in mergers and acquisitions and capital markets, with an emphasis on cross-border transactions.
In addition to his New York practice, Mr. Edmister practiced in Tokyo for nearly a decade and has experience advising U.S. and Asian clients on complex cross border M&A and securities transactions. He has counseled clients in many high-profile deals in Japan and elsewhere in Asia, including Australia, Bangladesh, China, India, Korea, Singapore, Taiwan, and Thailand. His M&A experience encompasses public and private deals including strategic acquisitions, LBOs, investments and joint ventures.
Mr. Edmister also has experience in global equity and debt capital markets transactions, including ADRs and GDRs, and ongoing listing and SEC compliance matters for foreign private issuers. He also advises on the cross-border securities aspects of public M&A transactions in Asia.
Prior to joining Morgan Lewis, Mr. Edmister was a partner in the corporate practice of an international law firm, resident in its Tokyo office. He also teaches U.S. securities law at Keio University Law School in Tokyo.
Mr. Edmister received his J.D. from Harvard Law School in 1999 and his B.A., magna cum laude, in philosophy in 1996 from Harvard College, where he was elected to Phi Beta Kappa. He is fluent in written and spoken Japanese.
Mr. Edmister is admitted to practice in New York.
- Represented TBC Corporation, a subsidiary of Sumitomo Corp, in its approximately $310 million acquisition of NYSE-listed Midas, Inc. through a tender offer
- Represented Asahi Kasei Medical in an approximately $45.2 million PIPE investment in NASDAQ-listed NxStage Medical, through a debt-equity swap, and collaboration arrangements
- Represented Kenedix Realty Investment Corporation, a Tokyo Stock Exchange listed J-REIT, in an approximately ¥14.1 billion global equity offering
- Represented Nomura Securities as financial advisor to Nippon Oil in its approximately $8 billion integration with Nippon Mining that won Asian Counsel's "Asian Deal of the Year 2010"
- Harvard Law School, 1999, J.D.
- Harvard College, 1996, B.A., Magna Cum Laude