honors + affiliations
Listed, Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business (2012)
Listed, The Legal 500 United States (2012)
Selected for “Women of the Year” recognition in 2008 by The Legal Intelligencer and Pennsylvania Law Weekly
Listed, The Best Lawyers in America (2007–2011)
Appointed to the Advisory Committee for the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania’s Corporation Bureau
Member, American Bar Association
Member, Pennsylvania Bar Association
Joanne R. Soslow is a partner in Morgan Lewis's Business and Finance Practice. Focused on corporate and securities matters, Ms. Soslow is dedicated to working with public companies and emerging growth businesses primarily in the biotechnology, financial services, technology, medical device, and specialty pharmaceutical sectors. Ms. Soslow's transactional practice is focused on complex public and private equity and debt securities, venture capital, and mergers and acquisitions transactions. In addition, she regularly advises clients in all aspects of their growth cycle, from business plan development and startup structuring to exit strategies, including IPOs and change in control transactions.
Ms. Soslow also frequently functions as the primary outside counselor to many of her clients for a broad selection of legal needs, focusing specifically on advising clients with respect to securities matters, mergers and acquisitions transactions, corporate governance matters, board of director and fiduciary duty issues, and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
A member of the firm's Diversity Committee and a former member of firm's Advisory Board, Ms. Soslow is a regular speaker at client and industry events on a range of issues including security industry trends and SEC initiatives. She also devotes significant time to supporting women lawyers and to providing pro bono services to organizations such as Conkerr Cancer, a nonprofit that serves sick children in hospitals across the United States.
Ms. Soslow is admitted to practice in Pennsylvania.
- Advising a Mid-Atlantic financial services holding company with assets of approximately $13 billion on corporate governance, securities compliance, and acquisition transactions.
- Advising the venture capital division of one of the largest cable corporations in the United States and a leading regional life sciences venture capital firm with more than $700 million in committed capital on private investment within their specialized sectors.
- Boston University School of Law, 1991, J.D.
- University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School of Business, 1987, B.S.E.
- University of Pennsylvania, 1987, B.A.