- Business & Finance
- Real Estate Capital Markets
- Real Estate Investment Trusts
- Securities Regulation
- Defense Preparedness
- Corporate Governance
- Capital Markets
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Technology Industry
- Life Sciences Transactions
- Joint Ventures & Strategic Alliances
- Emerging Business & Technology
- Private Equity M&A
honors + affiliations
Listed, Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business (2008 & 2009)
Member, Drafting Committee, Pennsylvania Bar Association for the Title 15 Business Associations Code
Member, American Bar Association and Philadelphia Bar Association
Associate Editor, University of Pennsylvania Law Review
Justin W. Chairman is a partner in Morgan Lewis’s Business and Finance and Securities Practices. Mr. Chairman's practice focuses on representing private and public companies in a variety of industries, including life sciences, technology, and media, with a special focus on REITs.
Mr. Chairman is the primary outside counselor to many of his clients for a broad selection of legal needs, focusing specifically on advising clients with respect to securities matters, mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance and board issues, corporate finance, contract, and general corporate matters.
Mr. Chairman is a regular speaker at client and industry events on a range of issues, including security industry trends and SEC initiatives. He is also a member of the Philadelphia office’s Pro Bono Committee and is an active board member of nonprofit organizations such as A Chance to Heal, which provides education and services to persons at risk for eating disorders, and the Philadelphia branch of the Anti-Defamation League.
Mr. Chairman is admitted to practice in Pennsylvania.
Selected recent and ongoing representations:
- Represents several multibillion-dollar public REITs on an ongoing basis with respect to all corporate issues, including debt and equity financing, M&A and joint venture activity, and disclosure/corporate governance advice.
- Represented a life sciences company in a $350+ million 144A sale of high-yield notes.
- Represented several founder-owned technology companies in structuring and executing sales to strategic buyers.
- Represented a private, foreign-owned company in the acquisition of a publicly traded U.S. competitor.
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, 1995, J.D.
- University of Pennsylvania, 1992, B.A.