- Business & Finance
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Acquisitions Finance/Leveraged Finance
- Bank Lending
- Film & Media Finance
- Real Estate Finance
- Structured Finance
- Energy Transactions
- Distressed Company Transactions
- Financial Services M&A
- Infrastructure M&A
- England & Wales (Registered Foreign Lawyer)
- New York
5-10 St. Paul's Churchyard
London, EC4M 8AL
Phone: +44 (0)20 3201 5535
Fax: +44 (0)20 3201 5001
Amy B. Comer is a partner in Morgan Lewis's Business and Finance Practice. Amy advises clients on international corporate, commercial, and technology transactions in the media, technology, telecommunications, and energy sectors. She represents U.S., European, Asian, and Russian companies in a wide range of investment and finance matters. Amy regularly handles mergers and acquisitions, restructuring and dissolution of business entities, corporate and project finance transactions, and general corporate matters. She also handles business process and information technology outsourcing (ITO) transactions for clients in a range of sectors.
Amy's experience in the media sector includes advising major motion picture studios, publishers, and entertainment companies on copyright, trademark, and licensing issues with respect to the distribution and licensing of films, television programs, and music in "emerging market" countries, including Russia and Kazakhstan.
Amy's experience in the energy sector includes drafting and negotiating wholesale power purchase agreements and tolling agreements, natural gas sales and purchase agreements, fuel oil purchase agreements and coal supply agreements, and energy hedging (derivative) agreements using International Swaps & Derivatives Association (ISDA) documentation.
Prior to joining Morgan Lewis, Amy was a partner in the corporate practice of another international law firm, resident in London.
Amy received her JD from Tulane Law School in 1998, where she was associate editor of the Tulane Journal of International and Comparative Law and received Certificates of Specialization in European Legal Practice and Arbitration. She received her BA from Utah State University in 1993 and studied at Moscow State University in a nondegree program in 1992.
Amy is admitted to practice in New York. She is a registered foreign lawyer with the Law Society of England and Wales.
Note: This list includes engagements completed prior to joining Morgan Lewis.
- Advised CNPC Exploration and Development Company Ltd. (CNPC E&D) on its investment in JSC Mangistaumunaigas (MMG), a major oil producer in Kazakhstan, for approximately $2.6 billion.
- Advised private equity fund Russia Partners on its acquisition of a 3.3% stake in MDM Bank, one of Russia's largest privately owned banks.
- Advised Gestamp Automocion of Spain on a manufacturing joint venture in Russia with Stadco Holdings Ltd.
- Advised on the sale of a stake in the holding company for the MTV Russia and VH1 Russia music video channels for approximately $360 million.
- Advised Citigroup Venture Capital International, a unit of Citibank N.A., and the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development on their equity investment in KazInvestBank JSC, a prominent Kazakhstan bank.
- Advised and represented a global insurance and consumer lending company in the negotiation of the outsourcing of IT and application development and maintenance functions in Europe, Asia, and Latin America.
- Advised and represented a major financial services company in the negotiation of the outsourcing of all IT software development and security services to a related affiliate as part of a corporate reorganization.
- Advised and represented major Russian pharmaceutical chain in the negotiation of the outsourcing of payroll accounting and HR recordkeeping.
- Tulane University Law School, 1998, JD
- Utah State University, 1993, BA