honors + affiliations
Member, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
Member, LCIA Young International Arbitration Group
Legend Business Center
Tsvetnoy Bulvar, 2
Moscow 127051 Russian Federation
Phone: +7 495 212 2575
Fax: +7 495 212 2400
Nane Oganesyan is an international partner in Morgan Lewis's Litigation Practice. Ms. Oganesyan has more than 10 years of experience in international arbitration and litigation, with an emphasis on the resolution of corporate, energy, and infrastructure disputes.
Prior to joining Morgan Lewis, Ms. Oganesyan was a partner in and a leader of the dispute resolution practice for Russia and CIS at another international law firm, where she arbitrated and litigated numerous disputes arising out of breaches by joint venture partners or shareholders of joint venture and shareholder agreements, breaches of investment obligations, oil and energy contracts, and challenges to state bodies' investment decisions. She has handled disputes in a variety of industry sectors including mining, metals, construction, and power.
Ms. Oganesyan received her LL.M., cum laude, in 2002 and her LL.B., cum laude, in 2001, both from the Law Faculty of the Moscow State Institute of International Relations (MGIMO). A native Russian speaker, she also speaks fluent English.
Ms. Oganesyan is eligible to practice in the Russian Federation.
Note: This list includes engagements completed prior to joining Morgan Lewis.
- Advised a publicly listed company in the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce (SCC) arbitration proceedings (Arbitration Institute at the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce under UNCITRAL Rules) in relation to a breach of a joint venture agreement and failure to transfer a subsoil license. The dispute also involved litigation in several jurisdictions, including before Russian, U.S., and Swedish courts.
- Acted for a major Russian infrastructure company in an international arbitration under the rules of the International Court of Arbitration in the ICC (International Chamber of Commerce), and advised on the potential for parallel LCIA (London Court of International Arbitration) proceedings and other offshore jurisdiction issues in relation to a number of related contracts.
- Acted for a leading environmental asset manager in two cases pending before different regional commercial courts in Russia in disputes related to the Emission Reduction Sale and Purchase Agreement concluded under the Kyoto protocol. These disputes also involved a number of leading international companies. This is the first Kyoto protocol-related litigation in Russia.
- Acted for a leading Russian energy infrastructure company in arbitration proceedings under LCIA Rules concerning a multimillion-dollar infrastructure dispute with a major contractor.
- Represented and advised a European company in a series of ICAC (the International Commercial Arbitration Court at the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation) arbitration proceedings concerning disputes with a large Russian steel corporation, which included proceedings in Germany, the Netherlands, the Russian Federation, and Switzerland.
- Acted for a leading Russian development company in a dispute against the Moscow government over recognition of the decisions and acts of certain state bodies regarding their suspension of a major construction project in the center of Moscow and their determination that the project was illegal and invalid.
- Acted for a large Russian construction company in a dispute against the Moscow government over an obligation to demolish part of major real estate property under construction.
- Acted for a large foreign-owned Russian company in respect to a number of corporate disputes over recognition of the decisions of the general shareholders meetings as invalid.
- Moscow State Institute of International Relations, 2002, LL.M., Cum Laude
- Moscow State Institute of International Relations, 2001, LL.B., Cum Laude