honors + affiliations
Listed, Chambers Global: The World's Leading Lawyers for Business (2012)
- England & Wales (Solicitor)
5-10 St. Paul's Churchyard
London, EC4M 8AL
Phone: +44 (0)20 3201 5599
Fax: +44 (0)20 3201 5001
Amanda Jennings is a partner in Morgan Lewis's Business and Finance Practice. Amanda's practice encompasses a wide range of finance work, including leveraged and acquisition finance, trade finance, project finance, restructurings and refinancing, derivatives, and other structured products. She advises both lenders and borrowers across a number of industry sectors, including power, oil and gas, mining, transport and infrastructure, and insurance. She predominantly works in emerging markets but has experience in the UK and throughout Europe, Africa, Russia/CIS, and Asia.
Prior to joining Morgan Lewis, Amanda was a partner in the bank and institutional finance practice of another international law firm, resident in London.
Amanda received her LLM from the University of Leeds School of Law in 1995.
Amanda is admitted to practice in England and Wales as a Solicitor.
Note: This list includes engagements completed prior to joining Morgan Lewis.
- Advising the borrower on a PLN3.6 billion financing relating to the leveraged buy-out of Polkomtel, the largest LBO since 2008.
- Advising the borrower on the PLN3 billion acquisition financing of Polsat, a Polish television broadcaster.
- Advising VTB Capital Plc on the RUB6.5 billion financing of the management buyout of News Outdoor, the Russian arm of News Corporation.
- Advising Spinnaker Capital in its investment by way of credit derivatives in a number of emerging market financings in Russia, CIS, and Asia.
- Advising Ferrexpo, a LSE-listed Ukrainian iron ore producer, on its Deutsche Bank-arranged pre-export financing and equipment financing.
- Advising JSC VTB Bank on a portfolio of repurchase transactions with a leading Russian investment group.
- Advising Ambac UK on the restructuring of its guarantee of a substantial CDO portfolio.
- Advising AES on the project financing of two peaker plants in South Africa.
- Advising Tawa UK on the financing of its acquisition of two insurance companies in the UK and the United States.
- Advising JSC VTB Bank and Goldman Sachs on the first acquisition financing in Kazakhstan of Kaspi Bank.
- Advising Louis Dreyfus on the restructuring of a copper smelter in Namibia.
- Advising CNPC in connection with the financing for its acquisition of PetroKazakhstan for $4.1 billion.
- University of Leeds School of Law, 1995, LLM