honors + affiliations
Member, American Chamber of Commerce in Moscow, Energy Committee
Member, German Chamber of Commerce
- New York
Legend Business Center
Tsvetnoy Bulvar, 2
Moscow 127051 Russian Federation
Phone: +7 495 212 2402
Fax: +7 495 212 2400
Elena Savrasova is of counsel in Morgan Lewis's Business and Finance Practice. Ms. Savrasova advises clients on a variety of domestic and cross-border transactions, focusing primarily on the area of mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, private equity transactions, and corporate restructurings. She also counsels clients in connection with general issues of Russian corporate and commercial law, as well as various regulatory compliance issues.
Prior to joining Morgan Lewis, Ms. Savrasova was counsel in the corporate practice of another international law firm, resident in Moscow.
Ms. Savrasova received her LL.M. from Harvard Law School in 2002 and graduated from the international law faculty of the Moscow State Institute of International Relations in 1997. She is fluent in English and Russian and has a working knowledge of German.Ms. Savrasova is eligible to practice in the Russian Federation and admitted to practice in New York.
Note: This list includes engagements completed prior to joining Morgan Lewis.
Ms. Savrasova's representations include:
- A large Russian private oil and gas company in a strategic venture with a Russian state oil company to jointly develop gas fields in the Northern region of Russia;
- A major international company in connection with a joint venture with a large Russian power company for manufacturing and sales of hydroelectric power generation equipment;
- A major international company in connection with its strategic joint venture with Russia's largest producer of locomotives and rail cars to modernize the partner's existing manufacturing facilities and develop a new generation of rolling stock;
- A major U.S. private equity fund on a large number of their investments and various matters relating to day-to-day operations on its portfolio companies;
- A Western private equity fund on a large number of their investments into development projects in Russia, as well as a private placement of its securities;
- The largest U.S. retail company in a full-scale due diligence exercise and negotiations in respect of the potential acquisition of one of the Russian food retail chain;
- A major Russian state-owned bank in its investments into the first international private equity fund for infrastructure projects in Russia and CIS;
- A major Russian state-owned bank in an acquisition of a state bank in Republic of Belarus.
- Harvard Law School, 2002, LL.M.
- Moscow State Institute of International Relations, 1997