honors + affiliations
- New York
Sheryl L. Orr is a partner in Morgan Lewis's Business and Finance Practice. Ms. Orr's practice focuses on public and private company transactional matters, including structuring and negotiating M&A and joint venture transactions for both U.S. and cross-border transactions. Ms. Orr represents both strategic and financial acquirors in a variety of industries, including the financial services, life sciences, media, and maritime industries. Her clients range from Fortune 500 companies to investment banks to emerging market companies.
Ms. Orr is a member of the firm’s Financial Services M&A Practice and has represented broker-dealers, investment advisers, and other financial institutions in connection with acquisitions, dispositions, carve-out transactions, and other strategic transactions involving introducing and clearing brokers, registered investment advisers, hedge funds, asset managers, and trust companies.
Ms. Orr is admitted to practice in New York.
- MetLife in its sale of independent broker-dealer affiliates Tower Square Securities and Walnut Street Securities to Cetera Financial Group
- Jefferies in its $10 billion merger of equals with Leucadia National Corporation
- Perrigo Company in its $160 million acquisition of leading companion pet health product company Velcera
- Pearson plc in its $650 million acquisition of EmbanetCompass, a provider of online learning services for nonprofit academic institutions
- Perrigo Company in its approximately $285 million acquisition of Sergeant's Pet Care Products Inc.
- Wells Fargo Securities in its acquisition of Merlin Securities, LLC
- Apollo Management and portfolio company Sprouts Farmers Market in its acquisition of Sunflower Farmers Market
- Perrigo Company in its $540 million acquisition of Paddock Laboratories
- Jefferies in its $438 million acquisition of Prudential Bache's Global Commodities Group
- Perrigo Company in its $808 million acquisition of PBM Products
- Primus Guaranty, Ltd. in its acquisition of the $25B CDO/CLO fund management business of CypressTree Investment Management, LLP
- Jefferies in its acquisition of Depfa Albany Securities
- Fincantieri-Cantieri Italiani S.p.A. in its joint venture with Lockheed Martin Corporation and the acquisition of Manitowac Marine Group
- Deutsche Börse AG in its $2.8 billion acquisition of the International Securities Exchange
- TD Ameritrade in its $325 million acquisition of Fiserv's Investment Support Services (ISS) business
- College of William & Mary, Marshall-Wythe School of Law, 2001, J.D.
- Hood College, 1994, B.A.
- Cottey College, 1992, A.A.