- New York
Bob Robison is a partner in the Business Transactions Practice and also co-heads the Financial Services M&A Group of Morgan Lewis. Mr. Robison is principally involved in the acquisition activities of private equity funds, as well as strategic acquisition and divestiture transactions on behalf of public and private companies.
Accordingly, Mr. Robison has particular experience in leveraged buyouts (fund-sponsored, strategic joint venture, or management-led), securities finance, special directors' committees, insurance acquisitions and rehabilitations, and restructuring/workout acquisitions.
Mr. Robison also represents several Asian and European enterprises in their strategic investment activities. These cross-border representations frequently involve minority investment, joint venture transactions, and related general corporate matters (trademark licensing, products distribution, shareholder agreements, and technology transfer).
Mr. Robison's recent significant representations include:
- Apollo Management, L.P. in its acquisition of Sprouts Farmers Market and Henry's Farmers Market, which together now operate under the Sprouts Farmers Market name.
- Perrigo Company in its $540 million acquisition of nearly all of the assets of Paddock Laboratories, Inc.
- Apollo Global Management in its approximately $1 billion acquisition of CKE Restaurants, Inc.
- Perrigo Company in its $808 million acquisition of PBM Products.
- ExlServices in its acquisition of American Express's Global Travel Service Center operations in Gurgaon, India.
- Deutsche Börse AG in its $2.8 billion acquisition of the International Securities Exchange.
- Apollo Management in its $3.1 billion acquisition of Claire's Stores.
- Apollo Management in its $1.65 billion sale of General Nutrition Centers to Ares Management and the Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan.
- Apollo Management in its $800 million acquisition of Smart & Final.
- TD Ameritrade in its $325 million acquisition of Fiserv’s Investment Support Services (ISS) business.
- University of Chicago Law School, 1977, J.D.
- Stanford University, 1974, B.A.