- EU Competition Law
- International Antitrust
- Intellectual Property & Antitrust
- General Counseling & Distribution
- Mergers & Acquisitions / Premerger Notification
- Cartel Investigations & Litigation: Criminal & Civil
- Government & Private Antitrust Litigation & Investigations
- Financial Services
- Frankfurt, Germany
- New York
60306 Frankfurt am Main
Phone: +49 69 71 40 07 19
Fax: +49 69 71 40 07 10
Jürgen Beninca is a partner in Morgan Lewis's Antitrust Practice. His practice focuses on the representation of companies in European and German cartel and merger control proceedings. In this context, Dr. Beninca, in addition to counseling clients on compliance with antitrust regulations, represents clients before cartel authorities and courts. He also represents clients before German courts in areas such as litigation and intellectual property, and assists regularly in internal investigations in FCPA matters.
In addition to his antitrust work, Dr. Beninca represents a number of U.S. financial institutions facing damage claims from former customers of certain German Introducing Brokers, to which these financial institutions provided clearing services, in various German courts.
Dr. Beninca shares with Morgan Lewis partner Christian Zschocke the responsibility for the section on international developments in Germany's leading antitrust journal, Wirtschaft und Wettbewerb. He publishes regularly in the area of German and international antitrust and merger control law as well as anticorruption matters.
Dr. Beninca, a German national, resides in Frankfurt, Germany, and is admitted to practice in Germany and New York. He is qualified to appear before the European Court of Justice.
Dr. Beninca's recent major representations include:
- Representation of a leading Austrian bank in the European Commission's investigation of a cartel of Austrian banks (Case No. COMP/36.571 - "Austrian Banks") vis-à-vis the Commission and in front of the European Court of First Instance in the bank's litigation against the Commission's decision.
- Representation of a leading Austrian bank in front of the European Court of First Instance in this bank's litigation against a Commission decision violating the banks procedural rights.
- Representation of a leading German cement manufacturer in the German Federal Cartel Office's investigation of a cartel of German cement manufacturers.
- Representation of a German moving services company in a parallel cartel investigation of the U.S. Department of Justice and the German Federal Cartel Office.
- Representation of a leading manufacturer of brakes for rail and commercial vehicles in obtaining merger clearances from the European Commission, the German Federal Cartel Office and other jurisdictions around the world in a variety of transactions involving highly concentrated markets.
- Representation of a private equity fund's acquisitions of various businesses involving scaffolding and formwork, performance fibers, baby oil, and other products in obtaining merger clearance from the German Federal Cartel Office and in coordination the filings in other jurisdictions.
- Representation of a strategic investor bidding for HT Troplast AG's business unit Trosifol vis-á-vis the seller and the German Federal Cartel Office.
- Representation of the seller of a global provider of real time market data and related services to a strategic investor in the European Commission's merger review proceeding.
- Representation of a leading U.S. financial institution in a series of lawsuits filed by German investors alleging tort claims involving kickbacks and churning.
- University of Konstanz, 1998, DR.JUR.
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, 1998, LL.M.
- Baden-Württemberg, Germany, 1996, Second State Examination
- University of Konstanz, 1994, First State Examination