- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
Nicholas Schretzman is an associate in Morgan Lewis's Litigation Practice. Mr. Schretzman concentrates his practice on the representation of companies and individuals in all aspects of complex commercial litigation, insurance recovery, and white collar and criminal defense. He has experience conducting domestic and international internal corporate investigations concerning the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), litigating complex insurance recovery matters, defending corporations in state and federal criminal and regulatory investigations, and defending individuals against criminal indictments in federal court.
Recent and ongoing representations include:
- Assisted in securing a favorable settlement on behalf of a large international investment bank concerning a run-off professional services liability policy issued to the bank's predecessor-in-interest.
- Assisted in winning an eight-figure award on behalf of a major petrochemical company in a FINRA arbitration against the company's former broker-dealer.
- Assisting in an internal international FCPA investigation for a Fortune 200 technology company involving related inquiries by the DOJ, the SEC, and the World Bank.
- Conducted an internal Federal Acquisition Rules investigation for a defense contractor.
- Assisted in a matter concerning the coverage afforded by a first party/business interruption insurance policy for property losses and business interruption arising out of earthquake and flooding caused by the 2008 tsunami in Japan.
- Assisting in a matter concerning coverage afforded by a first party/business interruption insurance policy for property losses and business interruption arising out of nuclear power plant accident.
- Convinced federal court in the Southern District of New York to sentence client convicted of laundering more than $1 million to time-served.
- Argued numerous evidentiary and dispositive motions in the Southern District of New York in continuing defense of illegal re-entry and felon-in-possession indictment.
Mr. Schretzman received his J.D., cum laude, from Brooklyn Law School in 2008, where he was a member of the Journal of Law and Policy and was awarded CALI Excellence Awards in Torts and Property. He received his B.A. in philosophy from Vassar College in 2004.Mr. Schretzman is admitted to practice in New York and before the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York.
- Brooklyn Law School, 2008, J.D., Cum Laude
- Vassar College, 2004, B.A. (Philosophy)