honors + affiliations
Listed, Chambers Global (2012) and Chambers Asia-Pacific (2012) – General Business Law: "Up and Coming"
Recommended, The Legal 500 (2012)
Member, Association of International Petroleum Negotiators
Ken Dala Business Center, 5th Floor
Prospekt Dostyk, 38
Almaty 050010, Republic of Kazakhstan
Phone: +7 727 250 7575
Fax: +7 727 250 7576
Klara A. Nurgaziyeva is an international partner in Morgan Lewis's Business and Finance Practice. Ms. Nurgaziyeva concentrates her practice on mergers and acquisitions, cross-border investments, and commercial transactions. She has been involved in numerous projects including large-scale oil & gas development projects, major mergers and acquisitions transactions in telecommunication, infrastructure, banking, and other industries in Kazakhstan and other Central Asian countries.
Ms. Nurgaziyeva earned her LL.M. in petroleum law and policy from the University of Dundee in 2004 and her law degree, with honors, from Adilet Higher Law School in 2000. She is fluent in English and Russian.
Ms. Nurgaziyeva is eligible to practice in Kazakhstan.
- For ONGC Videsh of India, assistance on its major investment project agreements with KazMunayGas for development of the Satpayev E&P block in Kazakhstan's Caspian offshore zone.
- For shareholder Eni and the former operator Agip KCO, advice on various aspects of development and the recent successful renegotiation of the Kashagan mega oil and gas field complex in Kazakhstan's Caspian offshore zone, with total investment expected to be over $125 billion, and ongoing work for NCOC, the current multicompany project operator.
- For Statoil, advising on various matters related to oil & gas regulations in Kazakhstan.
- For TNK-BP and KNOC, assistance on several proposed upstream acquisitions and ventures.
- For CNPC, advised on its $4 billion acquisition of PetroKazakhstan, a Canadian-listed company and prominent oil and gas producer in Kazakhstan.
- For TeliaSonera and its affiliates, advised on acquisitions of ventures in Uzbekistan and Tajikistan and assistance on various matters in Kazakhstan.
- For Vympelcom, advised on its investment project in Uzbekistan.
- For EADS and its affiliates (Astrium and Eurocopter), assistance on establishment of the presence in Kazakhstan and creation of joint ventures with Kazakhstan partners.
- For Sberbank of Russia, advised on the acquisition of a medium-sized bank in Kazakhstan and entry to Kazakhstan market.
- University of Dundee, Scotland, 2004, LL.M. (Petroleum Law and Policy)
- Adilet Higher Law School, Kazakstan, 2000, With Honors