honors + affiliations
Member, American Bar Association
DC Metro Representative, Alumnae Associate of Trinity College Board of Directors
Co-chair, Litigation Forum for the Women's Bar Association of the District of Columbia
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- Washington, D.C.
1111 Pennsylvania Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20004-2541
Tonya E. Oliver is an associate in Morgan Lewis's Litigation Practice. Ms. Oliver's practice focuses on antitrust counseling and litigation. She represents clients in civil and criminal antitrust matters on both the state and federal level, and she has defended clients in white collar matters involving allegations of healthcare fraud and insider trading.
In addition, Ms. Oliver represents corporations in white collar and corporate compliance counseling matters, including corporate internal investigations and criminal and civil enforcement matters before the Department of Justice, U.S. Attorney's Offices, and Securities and Exchange Commission.
Ms. Oliver represents companies and individuals in all phases of investigations and enforcement proceedings, including major representations in the transportation, life sciences and healthcare, financial services, technology, and energy industries.
While in law school, Ms. Oliver was employed at the Federal Trade Commission as a merger investigator, where she worked on several high-profile investigations. Ms. Oliver also served as a judicial intern for Judge Ricardo M. Urbina of the U.S. District Court for the District Columbia.
Ms. Oliver received her J.D. from American University, Washington College of Law in 2001, where she was a senior staff member of the American Bar Association-sponsored Administrative Law Review. She received her B.A. from Trinity College in 1996.
Ms. Oliver is admitted to practice in the District of Columbia and Maryland and before the U.S. Supreme Court, the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, and the U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland.
- Representation of U.S. oil company in FTC investigation of potential anticompetitive practices and manipulation of crude oil prices.
- Representation of a Japanese technology company in its internal investigation, civil litigation and related criminal prosecution by the DOJ, Antitrust Division in the TFT-LCD and CRT industries.
- Representation of an Asian airline carrier in its global internal investigation, civil litigation and related criminal prosecution by the DOJ, Antitrust Division in the air cargo and passenger services industries.
- Representation of a major pharmaceutical company in antitrust class action matter involving monopolization claims.
- Representation of a producer of an agricultural commodity in connection with monopolization claims.
- Representation of a satellite/cable networks against antitrust dispute involving exclusive licensing agreements.
White Collar Litigation and Government Investigations Representations
- Representation of an international medical device company in a False Claims Act whistleblower action for off-label promotion of products.
- Representation of a major financial services institution in connection with an SEC investigation involving allegations of accounting fraud.
- Representation of a major financial institution in connection with an SEC investigation involving allegations of illegal trading.
- Representation of a high-profile individual against multiple conspiracy, insider trading, and obstruction charges in the Southern District of Ohio (member of trial team).
- American University, Washington College of Law, 2001, J.D.
- Trinity College, 1996, B.A.