68, rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré
75008 Paris, France
Phone: +33 1 53 30 44 59
Fax: +33 1 53 30 43 01
Alexandre Bailly is a partner in Morgan Lewis's Litigation Practice. Mr. Bailly concentrates his practice on international litigation, arbitration, and transactional matters. He has handled numerous complex dispute resolution cases.
Mr. Bailly’s litigation and arbitration experience includes matters involving the industrial risks sector, commercial contracts, banking, bankruptcy, construction, and portfolio management.
Mr. Bailly's clients include multinational corporations in the automotive, construction, and consumer products industries, as well as banks, asset managers, and brokers.
His range of practice goes from the pre-litigation stage trough the expertise proceedings stage, when any. His practice also includes the negotiation and drafting of settlement agreements, for the dispute resolution outcome.
Mr. Bailly works closely with the other practices teams in assisting clients.
Prior to joining Morgan Lewis, Mr. Bailly was a partner in the litigation and arbitration practice of a U.S. law firm in its Paris office.
Mr. Bailly is native in French and is fluent in English and Spanish.
Mr. Bailly is admitted to practice in Paris since 1994.
Industrial Risks Sector/Commercial Contracts/Bankruptcy Dispute Resolution
- Representation of a French communication services company, before the French courts against a world leader container shipping company in a defamation claim (30 ME claim),
- Representation of a French subsidiary of US global technology leader, in a judicial expertise proceeding involving the French Defence industry leaders in a dispute related to the engine installed on the turret of the Saudi Arabian Navy warships,
- Representation of a European leading industrial consortium at the enforcement stage of an ICC arbitral award against a Taiwanese consortium comprising a leading Asian shipping company, consisting in arresting and attaching a container transport vessel. Case classified as the “most dramatic collection” in the Arbitration Scorecard of The American Lawyer of Summer 2005,
- Representation of a US world leader in medical technology, before the French courts for supply contracts related disputes and product liability expertise proceedings,
- Representation of a German aircraft company leasing in an ICC arbitration against a Mexican airline company related to the misperformance of an aircraft sales contract,
- Representation of a world leading company in consumer products, before the French courts in a dispute adverse to a French subsidiary of a US logistics industry leader, related to the misperformance of a warehousing and transportation contract,
- Representation of a US global technology leader’s Aerospace division before the French courts in a litigation matter (including an expertise proceeding) involving the leading European aeronautic company and a French aircraft and helicopter operator, related to an alleged defect of an aircraft engine installed on a Falcon aircraft,
- Representation of the Dutch subsidiary of a US global technology leader, before the French courts in a complex claim for the return of gas due to the liquidation of a French purchaser, world leading chemical companies Arkema, DuPont de Nemours and Gazechim were also involved,
- Representation of a world leading company in consumer products before the French courts in a dispute adverse to the French subsidiary of a US leading logistics industry company and a French engineering company, related to the construction of automated equipment of its French centralized warehousing facilities for non-food products,
- Representation of a leading US automotive seating systems manufacturer, in an ICC arbitration and before the French courts in various disputes adverse to European automotive equipment suppliers, related to the termination of supply agreements,
- Representation of the French subsidiary of a US world leader in global security, in an ad hoc arbitration adverse to the French services company, related to the termination of a supply agreement,
- Representation of a US leading global industry company in a subcontractors dispute related to the A380/A400 M Airbus electrical equipement,
- Representation of a US leading automotive glass and coatings manufacturer, before the French courts in a dispute adverse to the Czech subsidiary of a Japanese world leader automotive glass manufacturer, related to the termination of a supply agreement,
- Representation of an Asian world-leading government-held oil and gas group in a contract termination related dispute for the exploitation of oil fields in Africa before African courts,
- Representation of an English auction house in connection with a dispute related to a bailment in New-York of an Oceanian work of art belonging to a French individual,
- Day-to-day management of the dispute related matters for French and European subsidiaries of a US leading automotive equipment manufacturer (since 2005),
Construction Dispute Resolution
- Representation of the leading Spanish construction company, in an ICC arbitration in connection with the construction of the Jorf LAsfar power plant in Morocco, the largest in North Africa,
- Representation of the leading French power and transport company against a French oil and gas company Sofregaz in an ICC arbitration related to the construction of turbo compressors for a power plant in Algeria,
- Representation of the leading Spanish construction company, adverse to a Moroccan company, in an ICC arbitration related to a luxury building construction project in Morocco,
- Representation of a US leading Data Center provider, in two judicial expertise proceedings before the French courts adverse to the various suppliers involved in the construction of a Data center in Paris,
- Representation of a North African government-held energy entity against a foreign construction company, in an ICC arbitration relating to the construction of electric lines in North Africa,
Banking/Portfolio Management Dispute resolution
- Representation of a major European bank before the French courts in various portfolio management related disputes,
- Representation of a French portfolio management company, before the French courts in a portfolio management related dispute),
- Day-to-day management of the real estate portfolio management related disputes for a French real estate asset funds manager company, combining the asset management expertise of two major French banking groups (since 2009).
- University of Paris, 1992, DESS
- University of Kent, United Kingdom, 1991, LL.M. (International Commercial Law)
- University of Paris, 1990, Maîtrise (American and English Law)
- University of Paris, 1990, Diplôme d’Etudes Juridiques Appliquées (DEJA) Niveau 2
- University of Paris, 1990, Maîtrise (French Business Law)
- University of Paris, 1988, Nonspecialist License (Spanish)